Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

@trilokcool3 - ok thanks! More you shall see when I finish this fan art type thing i'm working on

@JJJorgie - Yeah I still need too, I think i'll do some hand practice today as well and get that right i'm going to finish colour rendering it first though for the practice and thanks a lot!

@Nisaren - Ok i'll do some cloth studies just found some useful DA stocks with fabric references so i'll try that out

@Shadowsfade - Thanks for those links! I'll watch those now and go get some practice into clothing folds immediately i've tried studying clothing, you should have seen my first attempts at clothing folds... they were abominations :L

@Gaff - Ok i'll try that in future drawings thanks for pointing that out to me!

Thank you all for the feedback xD i'll get that computer rendered drawing done quickly and start practicing and fixing up those areas the colour rendering is coming along nicely so far, so much better than my first attempt
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-03-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Finished :3

Also changed my Avatar because this looks 100% better than the first attempt
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-03-2012 at 02:22 PM.

This looks great! If you get the chance, try more interesting poses. Keep it up!

Most of the anatomical criticsm has been stated. I'll add that you should definately work more on hands. Whenever you're having trouble with hands, the best thing you can do is just draw your own hand. Don't be afraid to use yourself as a ref!

The shading is quite simplistic. I think you could have added a little more shading on stuff like her arms and her face just to add a little shape to it. Good job though!

@Shnorkel - Yeah i've exhausted that pose recently but I really needed to sort out some perspective problems which I think i've done now. Roll in the more interesting poses from pose maniacs and such :3

@Toast - Is there any guides or anything where I can learn about more complex shading? What i've been doing is attempting to study different colour rendered sketches and try to add the shading where applicable from the references.

Yeah, there's a lot of great references online. I'll link a few:

My favorite guide when it comes to shading/lighting. Quite informative:
    http://androidarts.com/art_tut.htm

A basic guide to shading:
    http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs12/i/20..._by_Snigom.jpg

And I'm just going to throw in this small skin tone guide. Follow this slightly loosely though, it's simply showing you how skin tones appear realistically:
    http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9...6756438452.jpg

Here's a cool tutorial on different styles of painting faces. I found it enjoyable to watch, as it really teaches you to experiment with multiple colors when rendering:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYRJYIWrOWs

You can also practice with lighting IRL. Take out a lamp and an object, and draw the object in different positions based on where the light hits. Look at your own face and body parts and study how the light interacts with your features at different angles. You can also look at this:
    http://kxhara.deviantart.com/art/Let...gles-302483984

Hope this helped!

Wow that's a lot of information thanks I'll make sure I look through that and improve my next colour rendered drawing

This is pretty good! One thing that hasn't been said is that I think the shoe look like you didn't finish them because there's no shading or highlights whatsoever.

^ Ah I see what you mean, I'll try to fix that

I genuinly have no idea what happened today but I just couldn't draw nearly as well as I have been able too anyway I attempted two clothing studies which failed horribly in my opinion, what I did was I drew out characters and then using real life pictures attempted to draw the clothes on... no idea why I did so terribly :/

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

I'm particularly annoyed about this one because I thought I was doing well with the pose and then just killed it off when I added the clothes

Did I try clothing that was too difficult (the references were prom dresses) or am I just not understanding how i'm supposed to study clothing folds and stuff?

SPOILER! :

This was my attempt at one of my new OC's Delta, and the reason he resembles similarities to Eternal is because he is a cloned offshoot and there are reasons and stories behind their odd names but i'm still working on them but I hope to have a bio done on them soon

Sorry that they're so terrible :/ and does anyone know why all of a sudden I just can't draw?
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-05-2012 at 06:06 PM.