Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

well done! the eyes do look alot better! the shoulder looks like its raised slightly too much as a girl probably wouldn't have that much muscular development on her shoulder. her arm looks good too, and the only thing i can say about her had is that it would look more natural if the thumb was positioned underneath the index finger, as it looks slightly awkward and uncomfortable right now.

i have one comment to make on her face too,though this isn't major and could just be down to the style. her eyes are correctly placed according to perspective, but her nose appears to far back in her face in relation to her eyes. keeping the same position relative to each other, the nose would appear almost flat in profile. hope this helps

^Thanks for replying YES! The eyes are correct-ish for once!!! xD as for the rest of those things i'll fix them on the sketch tomorrow and i'll try to edit them in my line art which i'm still working on now :3 thanks again for the feedback

your welcome

Umm... Eyes, nose and mouth , are they very close to each other ?!
    Have some more spaces.
    One important question ARE YOU MAKING THE WHOLE HEAD , HAIRS FIRST AND THEN goin for EYES, NOSE AND MOUTH ? (ignore if NO).

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/...eartFinish.jpg

Finished the line art form I tried to fix up those areas on SAI, let me know if I did any better i'll colour it in tomorrow etc and post that up when its done

@trilokcool3 - No I don't draw hair first, in the example that I left without eyes its because I was... mad to say the least at my failures and just couldn't be bothered to go into any detail :/ Normally I go in this order: head, ear, neck, eyes, nose, mouth and finally hair. I know you said to ignore but I thought it would be worth mentioning why I didn't put the eyes in. Also what do you mean more space? Do you mean that I should revert back to the way I was arranging the face before I changed to fix the eyes?

Ayee sorry kinda woke up early morning and my vision was kinda confused . Well ignore that space kind of thing .
    Hmm this one is perfect . Nice . I wana see more.

You still need to fix the hand/thumb thing. Also, her waist might be a little thin. Other than that, two thumbs up!!!
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 06-03-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Looks pretty decent. My only thought is that you may consider doing some cloth studies to get a better idea how fabric drapes over the body. It'll make your folds look much more convincing. Keep working at it.

Most critique has already been said ^^
    but i agree with what nisaren said. Rio has some pretty good tutorials here you should look at, and also when i was struggling with folds these 2 videos helped me a lot, maybe they'll help you too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIbjJrLVUgg&feature=plcp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2O2ixGzJD0&feature=plcp

beyond that, just look at loads of pictures and just see where the folds occur with different poses!

To some extent, I think it's likely a stylistic thing, but with both this one and that last group of heads, I can't help feeling that her face is too far out from her neck.

It's not the sort of style I'd be working in, so you can probably take that with a pinch of salt, but I think I'd definitely put the bottom of her chin and her nose in line with each other.