Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

I'll give that a shot and upload the results tomorrow

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/...CReference.jpg

Here is the finished sketch next i'm going to attempt a fan art of Nozomi

Cute! But you should study the placement of eyes a little more. Her eyes are a little off.

I will try to correct that as soon as possible, i'll probably update that post rather than make a new one though. Thanks for pointing that out to me

Cute stuff
    a few crits for the latest drawing: as JJJorgie said, the left (our left) eye, the top of it is higher than the right whilst the bottom is the same level, so it makes the eye look wonky. Also, you should move the chin further over to (our) left - as she is facing 3/4 view, partially away from us, the chin shouldnt be bang in the middle of the head as in face-forward view pictures.

finally, i think the reason your arms look a bit disjointed is due to the position you're putting them in - (our) left arm, what she's doing just doesnt really seem natural - the position of the shoulder and top bit of the arm look as if she's putting her arm quite far out infront of her, but then the bottom bit of the arm seems to bend a bit wierdly, and then just having her fingers splayed out and her arm coming slightly across the front of the body - i dont know, just to me it seems a bit of an odd pose to be making, which could be why it looks wierd. Just my opinion though!

^ Thanks and yeah the eyes have been a particular weak point for me, I think I fixed some of the issues on the drawing I finished today which I will upload later tonight. Thanks for pointing that out about the chin, not sure why I never realized that until now :L and in regards to the arm, for that particular pose I used a reference so I probably messed it up horribly because the original to me looks completely fine :L nonetheless i'll try to fix that problem. Thanks for your critique!

Also does anybody think I should start writing up a bio for my character and turn her into an OC or continue to work on her design and just improve more?
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 05-30-2012 at 03:29 PM.

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/...ternal5628.jpg

Finished this one today, the eyes I think are smaller than I normally make them but I think it looks good with this drawing and also im sure i've got the correct unlike the last drawing i'm not sure about the front leg but that is what it looked like in the reference I used and i'm definitely starting to get better at hands finally

@Shadowsfade - I'll try moving the chin more in tomorrows drawing I was unable to change it on this drawing without making her look like a giraffe :L

I think you're making the shoulders a little too small now, compared to the size of her head, but really, that's a big improvement all round. The eyes are much better.

^ Thanks for your feedback and yeah the reduced shoulder size was my attempt at making it look more turned away, didn't do very well at it would appear though :/ is there any better ways at getting that desired effect?

Eh, I think the perspective actually looks okay, it's just a case of making the shoulders a little more pronounced. I've had a go myself, if it helps any:

The breast would begin just under the armpit, by the way, so you don't need to bring the outline as far back as you had it there.

Strictly speaking, if you're keeping the proportions realistic, you'd want width of the shoulders to be about twice the width of the head. While I wouldn't worry about it for this picture, you could also try making the head a little smaller next time round, see if that helps any.