Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

Wooooo Demon art!!!! You know I love it, especially the shading. And I think your faces are getting much better. Two things to pay attention to 1. your arms are a little wonky. Maybe they're too short or something? But something is off about them, I struggle with arms so it's something I pay attention to. 2. EYES!!! They're looking good for the most part, but I think sometimes you underestimate just how round eyes are. Like in the second to last picture especially.

This is one of my favorite eye tutorials so I thought i'd share it with you http://www.deviantart.com/art/Eye-Tu...urce-327176361

Good luck and I'm sorry my part of the art trade has taken so long ; - ; I get distracted easily and forget about important things. =-=

I like the second thumb much better. I think the scaling needs a lot of work though. The street is too small, as well as the buildings.

Here are some great ref to give you a better idea for scaling

Keep it up C:

Thanks Reg, Cora and Iccy the arms have been a bit of a problem but I will try to fix them along with perspective

@Cora - yeah sure, take yer time
    @dbz - thanks for the scaling help, still working on it

First time I've drawn in a fortnight, exams keep getting in the way and messing things up :/ but anyway here is another perspective drawing I've been working on for a bit:

And another life drawing thing:
    SPOILER! :

And a pelvis for anatomy:

Been doing face studies recently since exams are over and I can finally draw again, any critique would be handy c:

I like that first profile one, but I feel that the distance between the bottom lip and the tip of his chin is short compared to the rest of his face. Maybe it should be lower down?

Thank's Gaff c: I wish I had kept ahold of the reference to check where the lips were positioned, but yeah I see what you mean vaguely. Made a note on the drawing at least for future reference.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Faces look nice. Did you draw any of these from life? Sometimes, I find that it is very difficult to break out of my "circle-jaw=egg" shape mode. Heh. But obviously, you were looking for proportion and structure here, am I right? Very nice.

The "afro bruiser" guy is my fav, although the leg closest to us seems to be a tad off somehow. But that's just me. I am no expert, obviously, so I don't know for sure...

Good work on those studies!
    Last edited by theAnimeRebel; 12-22-2013 at 09:45 PM.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Nice work, Demonfyre, I really like all the shading that you do, don't have crude hands like myself.

I was looking at the profile that Gaff mentioned and I also saw the lips seeming low. You can move down the chin, or move the lips up, or do both to fix something like that, just beware that there are other relative proportions to the chin itself, so you may need to change half the drawing in the process. Also, the way the lips curve suggest a really deep frown face, so check the distance in height between the where the lips meet to the corner of the lips when you're studying the profile. That height changes depending on the set of lips and where the view is from.

It looks like you studied and got down two point perspective, maybe try doing 3 point perspective, and applying it to the basic setup you have for the heads.

@Rebel - Some were from life and some were from imagination thanks c:
    @Summer - Thanks for the comments, maybe I will give 3pp when I get the time c:

Stylized stuff:
    SPOILER! :

Anatomy:
    SPOILER! :