Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859 LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

999 Knights Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    Man you have improved James.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    As an awful apology for replying to your message a literal half year later, I thought I'd leave a comment here before anywhere else and try to help you out.

Your hand drawings are amazing, far better than any hand drawings I could have done. But your general body anatomy doesn't match the technical beauty your hand drawings have. In the post without armor for example, her but is huge! I see that it would stick out in a pose like that, but it gives the impression that even if she stood up straight it would still be huge. I'm all for big booty girls, but not if their anatomy is actually incorrect! XD

In addition, I think the leg farthest from us is longer than the closer leg. Looking at the armored figure, the design is great. I can't fault it. But the left arm looks bent in a way that makes me think the elbow is dislocated, and the way the shoulders connect to the neck is slightly off. I think it's that the neck is just a little too short.

That said, I love your figure sketching in general, it's full of life!

-Scarlet
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

@Scarlet - Thanks for that indepth critique! That was really helpful c: I see what I can do about that in future studies and i'm glad you like my figure sketching, it's been a long work in progress c:
    @DHB - Thanks c: since I read that i've been trying much more of that c:
    @BV - Thank you for the critique ;o it was very helpful c: i'm glad you like the armour

Loadsssssssss of anatomy stufffffff, any critiques would be awesome! I know there is a maelstrom of mistakes OTL

Stylised Stuff;

SPOILER! :

Anatomy Stuff;

SPOILER! :

Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-18-2013 at 02:02 PM.

I'm curious to know if you're copying these reference out of a book, or getting any old reference and drawing the muscles instead.

I am using a combination of real life photos, models at life drawing and drawings from the old masters as reference c:
    As for the muscles, I got a series of lectures on placements and how they join to the bony masses etc, but I generally like to keep a book like 'Burne Hogarth's Dynamic Anatomy' and Eliot Goldfinger's Anatomy to make sure I get the muscles in their locations when i'm unsure c:

I notice I tend to overemphasize the deltoid :/
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-18-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Keep up the those muscle sketches, you will improve drastically.

I see a lot of improvement!
    your latest updates are really good.

the girl with the spear..her right leg seems really short..if it is foreshortened her lower leg should be longer than thigh/upper leg..as it seems to be coming towards us...i suffer at anatomy too x__x....but i really like how dynamic the pose is and you pulled it off really well!

With that last girl below the spear-carrier, I think the right leg is too far away from the rest of her torso. It feels to me like her thighs are facing forward, even though her hips are more like 3/4. Her right forearm also seems on the large side.

Your figures are definitely improving though man - your work seems much more definite and confident than before.

@Cloudy - Thanks, they have been helping c:
    @Alcoro - Ah yeah, that is true i'm not really sure what was going on with the leg, it has been such a long time since I reviewed that drawing :/ thanks for the pointers though!
    @Gaff - Oh, I see what you mean thanks for pointing that out, I will make sure to try and avoid that in future c: and thanks man! It's great to know that c:

Any comments would be great, pl0x;

^Still trying to fix up the anatomy

Attached Images Attached Images

Okay, on the WIP: The thigh on the left is slightly too short. So seems the arm on the right (might have to do with the lack of a strong shoulder). The breast on the right is too far to the left; move it closer to it's corresponding arm.

On Iccy's Pimp: The thumb of the hand on the left seems a little long. Also, her head looks really shrunken into her chest (I don't think it's perspective is portrayed well)

On the next: The forearms are too long and lack good shape; they kinda just look like tubes. The hands and feet are different sizes. I don't think you should've drawn the head at an almost 3/4 view. That doesn't make sense and it kind of throws off the face with that eye on the right.

This last one: The thighs seems slightly thin while the closest calf is VERY thick (especially compared to the other). The closest shoulder should be a little broader. Her nose looks to be slightly too close to the right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!