Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Ah... Demon and his weird girls again.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Whut.

They are just legs O_O calm the testosterone down Rebel :P

( Y u do dis ;___; )
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 11-15-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Regular Member whenrabbitsattack2.0's Avatar
    demon, i wanted to say..... DEM LEGS! <3

they have a really nice flow and you've captured the volume really well. Honestly, It's alot more attenetion then I ever paid to the particular muscle groups in the legs,but I'm feeling slightly regretful now, awesome!
    collectin my fav quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    I wasn't aware breasts were sentient and capable of independent movement
    Quote Originally Posted by theAnimeRebel View Post
    Sheesh, you people and your superiority issues.

@WRA - Thanks you

A sketchdump of sorts I guess;

DA Commission
    SPOILER! :

Just a really basic pose that I referenced from somewhere, I need to work on those hands :L

Character Concept; Ecimoe
    SPOILER! :

A character design i've been working on for a project called 'The Colour of Winter'

Miku Fanart
    SPOILER! :

The finished product from what I was working on last page.

Failed Attempt at suit concepts using the silhouette
    SPOILER! :

I was attempting to work on a suit for one of the Genome characters and I thought I would give Silhouetting a shot... as you can see it didn't work out well, the stomach and breasts are the two biggest problems I see so far, not really sure what to do to go about fixing it, or if it's even worth the time.

Succubus WIP for Kodos
    SPOILER! :
    Still working, got to fix the other hand and leg, and then start work on the clothing.

Working on more realistic stylised heads/fanart
    SPOILER! :

These are great - my favourite are the first two - the hair has a lovely flow in the first picture, and the over all character design/clothing folds in the second one are awesome. For critique.. on the heads, the first one's facial expression seems off, not 100% what.. I think the eyes seem too wide and unfocused. The succubus is looking great so far, only critique really is that her left arm should be connected to the curve you've indicated for the breast, and not go past it. You've improved soo much lately!!

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Okay...

1. hand on leg (right?) is fine, but the hand by the head seems too large.
    2. Arms (esp. left) out of whack. Check proportions/perspective.
    3. Pose seems a little stiff. She has got quite a wide chest there for a girl
    4. Everything's okey-dokey on this, so here's where I'll rant. When you draw girls you seem to use the same figure model over and over again. Wide hips, short arms, stocky legs. Try and practice some varience... there are all types out there! (Hopefully that didn't sound too creepy coming from me... course, I'm a lifegaurd so I see girls without generally a lot of clothing on, so therefore I can attest)
    5. Boobs are just... awkward (I think)
    6. First head seems a little boxy... Asura is awesome (although he's definetely got more of "your" style to him)

...You must be a fanatic of Soul Eater right now...
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Great work as always!

Numero Uno: The bottom hand looks a little flat and the thumb shouldn't be completed severed from it. The hand by the head is the same size as the other and is proportionate to her body. I'd lower the nose just a bit and add some more shading so it doesn't just look like two dots

No. 2: Length-wise the arms are fine. You should make the upper portions thicker though. The foot on the right's perspective seems off, like it's broken off of the leg or something.

Three: the nose is pretty high. the shoulders are very small compared to the rest of the arm. The eyebrow on the left should be shorter, while the other a bit longer.

4: right under the breast is really flat. The highlight right under that is the wrong shape. You've made it as if the belly down there is really round, whereas it'd be pretty flat with maybe some bumps showing abs.

Cinq: I love that hand on the hip!!! I think the neck's a little thick compared to the shoulders (?)

Lastly: the chin area of the girl isn't symmetrical, so it throws her look off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Quote Originally Posted by theAnimeRebel View Post
    When you draw girls you seem to use the same figure model over and over again. Wide hips, short arms, stocky legs. Try and practice some varience... there are all types out there! (Hopefully that didn't sound too creepy coming from me... course, I'm a lifegaurd so I see girls without generally a lot of clothing on, so therefore I can attest)
    I generally agree with most of your criticism except for this one. focus on variation after you've learned to draw the basic human body well, otherwise this will just confuse you more

tho they may say that you should try switching to drawing other types of bodies... i feel like you've been trying slowly that seeing that sexy succubus drawing... i wont do anatomy critiques since i don't think that's the root cause. I feel that you have a good knowledge of anatomy and its just the "loosening" up which needs work...

i suggest doing quick gesture drawings first before embarking on an actual piece to loosen up both mind and hand.
    I do it all the time especially before i do a complicated pose... http://www.posemaniacs.com/thirtysecond
    Try 60 seconds per post... The trick is to not mind how accurate the forms are but to capture its movement/essence. In this way you don't have time to over think if one thing is correct or not.

I think that will help...
    and Dont put yourself down... pat yourself on the back more... you've been doing great friend... all is well just a little loosening up... and some more pats on the back
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyVoid View Post
    i suggest doing quick gesture drawings first before embarking on an actual piece to loosen up both mind and hand.
    I do it all the time especially before i do a complicated pose... http://www.posemaniacs.com/thirtysecond
    Try 60 seconds per post... The trick is to not mind how accurate the forms are but to capture its movement/essence. In this way you don't have time to over think if one thing is correct or not.

I think that will help...
    and Dont put yourself down... pat yourself on the back more... you've been doing great friend... all is well just a little loosening up... and some more pats on the back
    ^^^ THIS! You have definitely been doing great and you need to acknowledge that. No more putting yourself down! >:[ Every time you catch yourself putting yourself down, stop and think of something you've improved on instead.

I hiiiighly recommend figure drawing. Draw everyone everywhere. Practice drawing quick sketches of people in your class or on the bus, it's fun and helpful. Also check out this website as well: http://artists.pixelovely.com/practi...igure-drawing/

It lets you do timed figure drawing sessions with nude (or clothed if you prefer) models.