Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

Cor, lots of stuff to comment on!

I like the first pic, eternal, it's a muuch more natural pose than lots of the previous ones you've done for them. JJ already made the comment about the (our) right breast being a diff size, and I like the folds that you've done, especially on the sleeve of the raised arm.
    I agree that the profiles need a bit of work, I think it's mainly the noses that are being a problem. To help with what JJ said about the lips, after the nose, the face should go in slightly before the mouth, you've just drawn a straight line.

The female manga body practice is pretty cool, i like the design of the underwear / socks! I want the socks ;P Finally, I agree that (our) right hand on the latest pic is a bit odd, I think it's to do with where you start the knuckles of the fingers, and then cut off the fingers. Also, I dont think the verticle fold lines across the breasts are quite right, they dont really tend to fold that way from what ive seen.

@Shadowsfade - Thanks Shadows I shall try to fix those mistakes up as much as I can and with the profile faces sometime soon i'll make sure to get back round to them and make sure to do that

Here is an update;

I think I fixed the hand, this time I used my own hand as a vague reference for finger placement and such so it should look much less odd

Also I am planning on adding some fancy magic stuff around the hand, it is like that for a reason :P just not sure what to add yet :/

NOTE: Haven't fixed the breast folds yet but I think I know what to do to make them look normal #

Other fix:

Last edited by Demonfyre; 07-26-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Alright so I have noticed that you often draw idle hands on your characters in a weird angle. Not weird as in unnatural, but as in an odd choice. I just made a post in the anatomy reference thread about it, you can check it up there. But first some context for your case. The hand usually follows the movement of the arm, that is, it always lag behind a bit. When you draw the hand in that angle to the rest of the arm it somewhat suggest that the arm is moving in towards the body. You will have to decide if her arm, with hand and all, is hanging idly by her side, or if it is moving actively. Then draw it the way you chose. (I prefer the latter). Now you can take a look at the anatomy thread

Sorry that the first images are small, no access to a scanner so I had to improvise :/ anyway this is what I drew today as part of my head study anything for me to fix?

Let me know if I need to enlarge them, and I will see what I can do

Pretty good, I like the hair for the girl in pigtails. the neck of the girl next to her isn't right, at that kind of angle with her neck so far right it looks like her head is disjointed. the neck of the guy on the middle right also looks too thin. apart from that looking good, i like the expressions you've done too, especially that sly looking guy

@Shadow - Thanks I've made sure to fix those problems so hopefully they shall no return anytime soon

Anyway time for an other practice dump;

Head Practice in SAI

To fix the problems

GB Coloured Eternal Head

Head with not so terrible hair

SAI New Body Manikin Practice

Definitly getting better with my new adapted version of the manikin figure, on paper i'm confident with it but drawing it out on my tablet is an other story, anything major I should fix before I move onto other poses?

the first anatomy pose, the shoulders seem a little broad, usually the shoulders and hips are in line - though some people choose to change this stylistically. on the face practice, the last one of the 6, if you tilt your head to look at it, the chin extends much too far out - it kinda looks like he has a beak :P you can see this a little bit too on the one before it, just not to such an extent. I think you also need to work on a smoother jawline, you have quite a curve from the chin going to the ear and it doesnt really go like that - generally it's a gentle slope from the chin to part of the way into the neck, then theres a sort of bend and it becomes more steep (if you get what i mean)

In the profile face that's looking down, the chin is sticking out weirdly. It should be tucked more into towards the neck. When you draw profile faces, make a nose. It'll be easier to see if the profile looks right. In anatomy practice, 1 and 4's legs are too short compared to the upper body.

Thanks both of you for posting I've noted down those mistakes and I'll make sure to not repeat them

@SF - Yeah my first attempt was pretty bad, probably not a good example of the improvement I've made compared I last time I tried bodies :L

@JJ - I'll add noses on the profile views from now on and make sure to fix those chins

Just some manikin/body practice

I would appreciate if someone would let me know why my drawings are reverting back again
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 08-04-2012 at 08:12 PM.