Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

101 Dalmations Member Shindoutou's Avatar
    Why no updates lately?

Mainly because I was away for a week at a leadership camp :L I'm back now and decided I'll start with an art dump which will hopefully be tonight before I get onto the Gb for some much needed practice

What I have been working on these past 3 days, wish I had got more done :/

Moar Eternal:

SPOILER! :

Incredibly happy about this one turned out however i'm still not getting that tiny recess in the face right yet I don't think :/

Face Practice/OC Thanatos Head Designs:

SPOILER! :

Decided to do some manga style face/head studies, I think i'll continue with the profile views and just keep making them more detailed as I go along. All three are ideas for the head/face of Thanatos one of the Genome antagonists.

Eternal 3/4 Head and Ryan Profile Head:

SPOILER! :

Moar head practice, been such a long time since I've drawn profile view

~Half Nudity~ Female Manga Body Practice:

SPOILER! :

I think there is something horribly wrong with the perspective, other than that I think I got the body pretty well done compared with previous attempts

Arm Study and Random Eye:

SPOILER! :

Got some references for arms with a hand attached so I decided I'll work on those one a day as I could do with the practice there is also a random eye there cuz I felt like it :3

You're getting a lot better with this!!!
    On the first picture, make the right breast as big as the other. It also shouldn't be raised when the arm's in that position. You can't really test it out yourself since you're a guy, but I just did this pose myself in front of the mirror and the only time the breast really raise is when the whole shoulders is raised up, too.
    I think that with profile faces, you're not showing enough lip, so it makes them look like they're sucking in their lips over their teeth (if that makes sense).
    Other than those things, well done!

Thanks a lot JJ I'll go off and fix those mistakes now before I get off to work with my other WIP an other step forward in the right direction it would seem

Regular Member TheVermillionFox's Avatar
    I'm going to have to agree with JJ, the facial features on the profiles look a bit flat.
    I am actually Roy Mustang.

Eternal WIP

I've finished with the body and the shading really, im gonna lineart it tomorrow with the leaning pose and remove that placeholder around the left hand and hopefully add some fancy ice magic stuff :P and then use it to finish her character profile along with the banner

EDIT: It would appear most of the shading around her chest and arms disappeared when it was scanned in >.>' sorry about that

----

Quote Originally Posted by SaltAndPepper View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with JJ, the facial features on the profiles look a bit flat.
    Ah I see, I shall try and fix that up with some more profile practice heads tomorrow
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 07-25-2012 at 06:34 PM.

I think that the shading is visible and pretty good as it is. The problem here i think is the right(her left) ankle/ hand, actually scratch that, it looks like the thumb i missing one joint. The face seems too low/the chin seems to small. Other then that REALLY great.!!!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I think the face looks fine but the entire left (our right) hand looks a bit odd especially towards the pinkie finger and also the wrist seems a bit disjointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
    I think that the shading is visible and pretty good as it is. The problem here i think is the right(her left) ankle/ hand, actually scratch that, it looks like the thumb i missing one joint. The face seems too low/the chin seems to small. Other then that REALLY great.!!!
    Thanks for the feedback Ged i'm glad you think the shading is good, been working hard to get better at shading and I will see what I can do with that missing thumb joint and the face before I begin linearting the sketch tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by nisaren View Post
    I think the face looks fine but the entire left (our right) hand looks a bit odd especially towards the pinkie finger and also the wrist seems a bit disjointed.
    Thanks for posting I tried to fix the hand and the disjointment, I don't think I did very well but tried anyway starting work on the lineart now
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 07-26-2012 at 01:45 PM.