Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

Quote Originally Posted by JJJorgie View Post
    I'll be looking forward to it! Will you leave it as a lineart, or use her for coloring practice?
    If you come up with a colouring scheme I'll give her some colour as well

Well, I should be linearting and coloring my sketches tonight, so that'll be that

The lineart

~~Nudity~~

SPOILER! :

Anatomy practice

I think I made head a little small :l
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 07-12-2012 at 05:09 PM.

The lineart looks really good!

On the sketch: The breasts are different sizes and look lopsided. Her head is little small and that makes her look a little masculine. The arm on the right is a tad bit too short. The feet could be a little bigger.

Keep up the good work!

Ah I see I'll make sure to not repeat those mistakes next time round and I'm glad you like the lineart I still need more practice with line weighting but it's better than previous attempts

Thanks for the feedback

---

Yet more female anatomy cuz I need the practice;

Posemaniacs Reference:

SPOILER! :

Other Pose Attempt 1:

SPOILER! :

Other Pose Attempt 2:

SPOILER! :

Anything that will help me improve my anatomy is welcome as I really need to get better

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    Most of it for me is generally quite accurate but the one thing that really bugs me is the neck. On all 3 the way the neck seems to connect to the head and shoulders makes the character seem really stiff or otherwise unusual. I think you should take a look at the neck muscles and shoulder muscles next time you do this sort of thing.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletHue View Post
    Most of it for me is generally quite accurate but the one thing that really bugs me is the neck. On all 3 the way the neck seems to connect to the head and shoulders makes the character seem really stiff or otherwise unusual. I think you should take a look at the neck muscles and shoulder muscles next time you do this sort of thing.
    Ah I see, thanks! I'll make sure to pay more attention to the neck next time round and try to stop it looking so stiff

I think you should make the heads a little bit bigger. I agree with the neck thing. Also, I think you should work on the hands' poses a little more. Try studying the anatomy of the hand. On posemaniacs they have a lot of just hands:

http://www.posemaniacs.com/category/type/model

Your anatomy is definately getting a lot better! I think what you really need to work on as well is head construction. It's not just the size of your head, you need to really understand proportions and the shape of the head in general. If you want I can send you Vilppu's first instructional video on head construction, which is like an hour. It's extremely helpful, however, and it'll blow your mind as to how perfect head and face proportions are.

@JJ - Thabks for posting and I shall study the hands some more when I get back and for the heads I'm not sure why they appear to small as that's what I use for the proportions :/ do you know any reasons why this may be?

@Toast - Thanks toast Please send that video as of now I've not really known how to construct a anatomically sound head so I just used a manga stylised placeholder so that video will allow me to get it right does the maker of the video have other videos for other parts of the anatomy as well by any chance?

Also I won't be able to watch t til next Saturday as I'm away for the week
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 07-14-2012 at 06:33 PM.