Thread: Monologues/One liners thread

Three Trio Tres Member DrPumpkin's Avatar

Monologues/One liners thread

NOTE- This is a rehash of the same thread from the old forum.

You're planning a page in a manga or a comic. It's a tense, page-turning scene. You're character stands up on a platform/stage/rock/castle/giant plastic boob and the lights shine as a spotlight.

This is it. The big one. The speech that should cement in your reader's mind that your character is Bad-Ass with a capital B (and A).

You slowly think of something for him to say.... and you come up with something crap. Utter crap. A monologue that has pretty much ruined the entire scene and the dignity of the character.

Monologues and One-liners are essential for a kick-ass, awesome manga. But when they fail, they fail.

Here is the thread to introduce your One-liners/Monologues and have them completely fail-free with clever advice from fellow MTers. Or, maybe you need advice on one or can't think of one. Or, perhaps you just want to dump one here. This thread is here for all of those purposes.

Get your sunglasses and Schwarzenegger-style speech on and enter today!

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Maybe this should be a plain writng advice thread?
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

I agree with Bacon_Barbarian but it does reqire a lot of practice to get it sound right

I would happily write a writing advice thread but really, I'm not really fit for that job since, well, I haven't actually made my own web comic thing-y yet and I don't have a piece of work or a story to call my own. Me writing a writing advice thread is the equivalent of your swimming coach not being able to swim.

Also, this is just a bit of fun so that you can see other people's ideas and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPumpkin View Post
    Me writing a writing advice thread is the equivalent of your swimming coach not being able to swim.
    My gym teacher in high school could barely run ten feet without getting out of breath, does that count? XD

Anyway. Somebody should really port Hammish's writing advice threads over from the old forum before it goes down. Those were nifty. >_>

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Thats not what I meant Dr. Pumpkin. I just meant this thread could be for... Artist supporting eachother's writings. Like the Idea/Plot thread over on the old MT. I mean, Monolouges fit in to that area... Right?
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

But a thread generally about everything manga tends to get a bit crowded by plot ideas and the 'important' stuff. Compared to things like character development, monologues/one liners tend to be extremely trivial.

Also, this is just a bit of laid-back fun. XD