Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Shindoutou's occasional sketch-dump

999 Knights Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    If she's sitting, the legs(and feet) are off, as well as the hand with the hat a bit.
    If she isn't sitting, then refer to above and bring her hips forward to make it so she doesn't look like she's falling.

DF summed it up better below.
    Last edited by AlmanacnamedTime; 06-11-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

Only problem is I cannot tell if she is sitting or standing :L it looks more like a standing pose but I think you need to be very careful with your foreshortening so its easier to tell the difference and also so you don't make mistakes with leg widths and stuff like that, fortunately Mark Crilley made a very useful video recently on the subject of foreshortening

Other than that everything looks like it's in the right place your progressing very fast

101 Dalmations Member Shindoutou's Avatar
    Thanks again, I've tried to fix some things up. Tell me if anything got better (or worse)

Also, I added a quick shadow to indicate that she is standing Gonna fix that shadow in the final artwork though.

Adding the shadow makes it look much better I think your as ready as your gonna be for colouring

EDIT: What you could do as long as you pay attention to the perspective is move the legs closer towards each other slightly. Your choice of course though
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-11-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Yeah, you're right about the legs, though she was intended to stand with her legs spread lightly..

Anyway, I colored it! I've even tried a new coloring method, took a bit more work than usual, but it seems kinda nice.
    Added cherry blossoms (horribly drawn ones :P) because I thought it would fit ^^

This could be the most time I've ever spent on one drawing..

That looks excellent Shin all I can suggest is maybe that you could blur the blushes a bit it looks a bit weird having them solid in my opinion keep up your good work

Wonderful job! This is really cute!!!!

This looks fantastic! I'm digging her smile+solid blush
    The shading is somewhat minimal here, for example you could have added more definition to the dress's folds with more shades and highlights. Remember that next time you color- there are some details that aren't enough conspicuous to be drawn with the lines but can be expressed via shading. It's usually found in folds. (If you didn't really understand what I said check the first colored piece in my thread and notice her left (our right) sleeve, where only parts of the folds are drawn with lines and the rest is painted with shades. Look how much more defined the folds look in comparison to when there's no coloring at all)
    Anyways the hand is drawn real good and the foreshortening is nicely done. You're getting there

@Shnorkel: Thanks! I'll have to look into some reference for shading clothing like that (or shading it at all :P), I understood what you said, don't worry
    I'll post again when I've drawn something and the scanner starts working again.. -.-

Double post omg :O

Here's a drawing I'm working on right now:

Yeah, it's quite different from what I'm used to draw ^^ It's fun though!

I'm posting a wip because I don't know when I'll finish this, and I won't have a scanner for some time after today.
    Started doing this because of this thread.
    Last edited by Shindoutou; 06-18-2012 at 05:09 PM.