Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shindoutou's occasional sketch-dump

101 Dalmations Member Shindoutou's Avatar
    I would have drawn his legs completely, but I ran out of paper xD
    I tried to make it an action pose, indeed, like he's leaping forward a bit.

SPOILER! :

In the above picture I rotated it a bit so it doesn't look like your character is falling over and that alone seems to fix the problem. Also the blue line is a suggestion of where you could place the leg. Obviously though its your decision but personally I would have placed it somewhere around there. Ignore that green line, it was a mistake :/ hope that helps

Thanks for the help, I will keep it in mind the next time I draw a similar pose!

Here's a new drawing, nothing too special, and it only took two hours, but still worth uploading here, I think.

I didn't take the time to clean up the ink after I scanned it, but overall I'm pretty content with this one.

999 Knights Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    Fingers are weird, hands need to be longer, forearm needs to be shortened. I noticed other stuff(watch the feet) but I think that you have enough to work on for the moment. Sorry if you are no longer content with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

Double Digits Member Mr-Pajamas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmanacnamedTime View Post
    Fingers are weird, hands need to be longer, forearm needs to be shortened. I noticed other stuff(watch the feet) but I think that you have enough to work on for the moment. Sorry if you are no longer content with it.
    Someone hasn't seen a stylized drawing before... No need to be so harsh. The fingers are fine for the given style. Almanac is right though, the arms could stand to be a bit shorter (usually the wrists start at the crotch). Also, the hands could be bigger, not necessarily longer (remember the hand should be about as big as the face. Lastly, the upper arm could be a tad thicker. The feet are fine if they're drawn the way I think they are and they're that shape due to a stylistic preference. Overall, it's pretty good and definitely worth being content over. Keep at it :3
    Last edited by Mr-Pajamas; 06-06-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Apart from the fingers being too short that is one super awesomely cute character! Also maybe you could make the feet a little longer? They look almost like toon link's feet (or lack of) :L I wish I was able to make the hair I draw look as good as yours

Thanks for the replies, guys! The shape of the fingers were indeed a stylistic preference, but you're right about the hands needing to be bigger. Also the arms are too long (but that may also be fixed when i fix the hands), and the upper is thinner than the lower I see now, instead of the other way around.
    And with the feet; ehh, I had no idea what I was doing there ^^; At first I was trying to go for front view, but by the time I added the shoes, I probably forgot about that or something. Anyway, thanks for the tips guys!
    It's kinda' hard to edit an inked drawing like this, so I'll just keep it in mind for later~

In the meantime, I drew this: (kinda NFSW )
    SPOILER! :

999 Knights Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Pajamas View Post
    Someone hasn't seen a stylized drawing before... No need to be so harsh. The fingers are fine for the given style. Almanac is right though, the arms could stand to be a bit shorter (usually the wrists start at the crotch). Also, the hands could be bigger, not necessarily longer (remember the hand should be about as big as the face. Lastly, the upper arm could be a tad thicker. The feet are fine if they're drawn the way I think they are and they're that shape due to a stylistic preference. Overall, it's pretty good and definitely worth being content over. Keep at it :3
    I'm not being harsh, they really just seem weird. I promise if I were harsh I'd be banned.

@Denno on the picture I will give you one thing:
    slightly lower eyebrows.

and remember:
    KEEP IT UP, YOU ARE IMPROVING FAST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

Thanks Al!

Here's a new drawing I made today.

I'll try coloring this one in SAI too, later. But first I want to know what to correct in this image, it looks slightly off to me.. ^^;