Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Shindoutou's occasional sketch-dump

I lol'd at your printer problem :P loving the new work, especially the last girl you drew with pencil, she's a really cute design. The only thing I can see is the second girl in the second picture, and the second Shiro guy on your first post of him (standing) both have quite small heads relative to their bodies.

101 Dalmations Member Prince of Angels's Avatar
    O_O Nice, exceptional! All the things I was going to mention was already said by those ahead of me. Owell. :3 Keep up the gud work!
    I am the Prince of Angels, high monarch of the heavens, and I crush all those who stand in my way!
    Would you like some pie?

101 Dalmations Member Shindoutou's Avatar
    Thanks guys~

I've been busy lately, and so I haven't been drawing much. This is what I made just now:

I wanted to try a looking-up perspective, like someone sitting on a branch of a tree.. but I needed some practise for that first
    And when I was done, just before I started shading it, I thought I would just color it as well

Please tell me how to improve this, as I don't think the pose or the perspective is really right this way. Also any comments on the coloring is welcome as well! Thanks in advance~

It may just be me, but it seems like the arm closest to us is a little too far to the left and seems to be a little too thin for the perspective shot. It also looks to bend a little awkwardly at the elbow (but, then again, it's probably just me...)
    I would say that the aforementioned arm should be a little closer to the rest of the body (especially the shoulder), and I think maybe turning a head a little so it looks like she's turned a little farther from us would really help (if that makes sense).
    Again, maybe just me, but it also appears that the back arm is a tad longer than it should be.

All in all, though, it looks amazing to me, and I look forward to seeing more good quality stuff like this!

The lower body doesn't seem to be in the lower perspective. I think foreshorting the waist and the thigh of the closest leg would probably help. I agree with waffles about the far arm being to far from the body and the placement of the close arm is weird. Also, I think the face needs to be put in the same perspective as the body; it looks like you're viewing the face at eye level, not below.

Okay, thanks for the pointers, I see what you meant.
    I've tried this pose again, trying to keep in mind what you guys said, here it is~

I still think her legs and feet are not in the right perspective though.. I don't really know how to fix that
    Last edited by Shindoutou; 08-20-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Looks great The way you have drawn the skin crease on the right leg suggests that the leg is kind of held up but bent away from the viewer which looks pretty akward because of the way she is turned towards us, I would have thought to have unlike the previous sketch, however I'm probably wrong. Also I get the feeling that you shouldn't be able to see the undersides of her shoes because of the way she is turned, but im not completely sure.

Also I'm amazed at how quickly you could redraw a new version so quickly O_o

Oh yeah, you're right about the crease of her leg.. somehow while drawing I just couldn't get it look right, but now I see it :P
    And yeah, the shoes now look as if they are tilted all the way to her left.. to the point of breaking her feet xD
    I'd want to redo it again now, but I'm tired so I'll hopefully do it tomorrow.

By the way, one hour for a drawing like that isn't really that fast.. I think.

By the way 2: Does anybody know where to find some sort of reference for a pose like this? I've thought of this pose but I can't find any pictures of how it should look.

Considering it would take me an hour to get the nude body completed, and then a further hour and a half for clothes and shading, yah I think that's fast :L either that or in ridiculously slow >.>

I have no idea sorry, I have little idea where to look for just general references myself :/
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 08-20-2012 at 06:34 PM.

I normally use danbooru.donmai.us, for it has handy tags I can use to find exactly what I want. It is quite NSWF though.. and I can't find a pose like this on there.