Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Shindoutou's occasional sketch-dump

Heya! It's always awesome to see someone improving so fast. You're doing great! I think the biggest thing is to continue working on your consistency between drawings. For example in a few of the drawings the hands look great while in a couple others the hands just don't quite match up with the body size. But that's stuff that'll just take time and practice to overcome. Keep it up. I'm looking forward to watching you improve.

101 Dalmations Member Shindoutou's Avatar
    Thanks~
    I think consistency comes with practise, and I'm still developing my own style. The hands look awful sometimes because I don't practise them enough ^-^;

I found this meme on deviantart: http://endling.deviantart.com/art/Bo...Envy-301137193
    And I tried some of it myself:
    SPOILER! :

Oh using Posemaniacs references are we?

First Post:

the first man looks amazing, love the way you drew the arms!

The second girl looks great but watch out for those arms they are a bugger to get correct,

Second Post:

The faces look great, on the first one te hair at te bottom of the face near the chin looks a bit, odd, not sure how best to describe it maybe try to make the clunks flow a bit more and instead of randomly changing direction curve round with the hair?

Hand looks brilliant, wish I could draw hands as well as you :P

Those girls look great and the expressions look like a true anime/manga style however on the first one I would say the left breast is a too small.

(unable to load the last one because of my poor connection )
    I hope that this helped somewhat, really they are looking great and your rate of improvement is stunning and makes me want to go and improve as quickly

I've tried some hands a bit, I really need the practise. (used mainly my own hands as reference, at least for the first page)

Last edited by Shindoutou; 07-24-2012 at 10:33 AM.

The hands look great and the foreshortening is superb! Keep up the great work!

So.. I've been wanting to upload new sketches and drawings for more than a week now, but I never got the time.

Now I do have the time, however; the scanner is trolling me. Saying it can't scan because the printer is out of ink.. (dafuq?)

I'll try to upload tomorrow (I'll just edit this post ), or else I'll be on vacation for 2-3 weeks.

This is just to let anyone who reads this know I'm still serious about this

Your art is nice! keep it up

Thanks Cloudy!

I'm back from holiday already, and my scanner is feeling better again
    So here is the promised sketch dump. Any comments on where to improve are very welcome indeed

SPOILER! :

Today, I went to the art-supply store on impulse, and bought some colored pencils
    This was the first time I've actually tried to color a face, or hair.. at least with traditional media.
    SPOILER! :

digging that colouring!

Wow they all look great the only I suggestion I could make is maybe to add a few more clothing folds on the top of your female OC on the second picture

Ah, your work is always so awesome, keep it up