I've ben doing freelance illustration for a card & board game company for over two years now & I work for a major corporation doing graphic design. At my day job I'm pretty much restricted creatively by the confines of branding & marketing standards. Illustrating for the gaming company gives me the freedom to do what I want within the confines of the current project I'm working on.

The gaming company has offered me a full time position while working on the current project I'm on. They want me to be fully focused on this project which includes 1 game with 4 expansions to illustrate & a comic to produce monthly to market said game. They offered my more than twice me hourly wage at my day job to do this.

I'm not sure how long this position will last where I have security doing the graphic design at my current job. My concern is that they will let me go after I've completed the projects for them & I'd just be left with my cut of retail sales. When asked how long will this position will last the response I got was "We'll se after this project is completed."

On the one hand, I know that it'll take me at least a year to get this stuff done. Plus, it I get the experience, new stuff for my portfolio & connections to other people in the gaming industry. On the other hand, I'd loose the stability & security of working in a more corporate situation.

My question to you all is what would you do were you in position? They want an answer soon & may possibly stop working with me all together if I keep trying to juggle both jobs.