Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Year Later - Opinions on MT Site

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Blue whatever in the background is sorta trademark MT, lol. I think in the older versions it was a blue grid or something.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Yes it was a horrible white background with blue gridlines. That site is actually still up and you can post on it.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Yeah, the connection between the main site and the forum gets screwy when there's a lot of connections open to the site. It basically overloads the server and it has to be rebooted and the databases fixed. Happens once in a blue moon but still a pain none-the-less. :\

Anyways - I was considering rolling back the main part of the site back to the Wordpress version we had before. This forum can handle the PM system (yes, it has pop up ability), gallery, premium membership and something I haven't gotten around to yet but would like to make available: downloadable tutorials. Not sure about the video tutorials but I guess I can make a thread for each category much like the Inspiration of the Day thread and post it that way.

I like pretty much everything on the site, I visit most parts of it. I agree a bit about connecting the different sections a little more somehow (ie forum, main site and oekaki) as there seems to be different communities (though how you'd do im not sure!)

also, from the old site where there used to be 'featured art' along the side, updated a few pics every 2 weeks or so, i thought that was quite good (and as you said, the gallery is inundated with pics, so it'd be nice to have a way to see a selection of art?) but thats just my opinion (:

I was talking to the guy who made the old Oekaki we used to have and he said that it's going to be very hard to merge the database of the Oekaki with the rest of the site so unfortunately, I can't connect the two together. :\

What I could do though is a Featured Oekaki Art, I think on the side or in a blog to drum up interest and bring the Oekaki at least in the eye of the main site. Regarding the Featured Art, yes, that was very popular. That was basically my solution to not having a Gallery. Now that everything is automated and randomly shows highlighted art, I guess I can see why it's not that special anymore. I'll have to think about this one...

Summary of comments so far:
    - PM pop-ups
    - no limit in PMs
    - main site has gotten confusing
    - everyone can make their own video sections
    - change the forum from fixed width to flexible with so someone with a gigantic monitor can't see the eyesore of the edges
    - leave the premium membership
    - connection between main site and forum need to be better, especially the avatars
    - restriction on viewing others pictures
    - would murder for phpBB again
    - more tutorials
    - featured art at side of page
    - connect the different sections better
    - more contests

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Also, I hate not being able to check my subscribed threads directly from the "What's New" page. Like, there's no button for it and I have to exit out of the search. Not a big deal, though.
    You have to go to Quick Links and select Subscribed Threads. <:

re file size limit>
    There's a limit because you're in the free membership. If you sign up for premium, your file size limit will go up significantly.

Hmm...
    I wish i could get a longer shoutbox in the main site that will so some more older messages. Because some non forum/not regular forum guys can interact . Forums i will say is at its best.
    Hoping SHOUTBOX WILL GET A BIT LONGER .

Ok, adding to list:
    Summary of comments so far:
    - PM pop-ups
    - no limit in PMs
    - main site has gotten confusing
    - everyone can make their own video sections
    - change the forum from fixed width to flexible with so someone with a gigantic monitor can't see the eyesore of the edges
    - leave the premium membership
    - connection between main site and forum need to be better, especially the avatars
    - restriction on viewing others pictures
    - would murder for phpBB again
    - more tutorials
    - featured art at side of page
    - connect the different sections better
    - more contests
    - shoutbox is longer

Downloadable tutorials would be awesome. Having lived with dial-up and then up(?)grading to 3G, it's really nice to be able to download the tutorials at college or a library, stick them on a flash drive, and drive home to where my tablet is.

I like how you wrote the phpBB

The site is nice, I agree with what everyone's saying, except for Sylux's screen problem (CRT moniter, bitches). There have been a few glitches, but it seems like they've been fixed/are being fixed so it's all good. And about the Oekaki boards being like a seperate entity, to be honest, they've always been like that. The forums and the Oekaki boards are just two different communities. I went on just now, and I still see some members I've seen from like a year ago. I'm sure if they cared about the forums, they would have incorporated themselves into it.

Also, quick question, are we going to keep the old GB pic for nostalgic reason: http://www.mangatutorials.com/index....=/group-board/

I don't really care, but I'm wondering if noobs might find it confusing. Otherwise, I'm pretty excited about the PM popups, there was something about logging on and having a little popup notifying you of a message.