Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Year Later - Opinions on MT Site

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar

One Year Later - Opinions on MT Site

Hey everyone, I'd like to know of your opinions of the new site. What do you like about it? What do you not like about it? What do you think could be improved?

I'm asking because now that we've used this new version of Manga Tutorials for over a year now, I'd like to see if it was worth it and if it can be changed for the better. Some of my thoughts:

1. I thought the video section would be more popular than it is right now which is kind of surprising. I've been asked about video tutorials before but given the views it doesn't seem like it's worth keeping.

2. The gallery is doing well. Lots of people are posting. A bit hard to keep track of all the postings being done especially when a member doesn't make the image available for viewing in the Gallery page. I have mixed feelings about keeping this area. It does have the traffic but in the end, I feel like other sites already provide this kind of service and do it well. (i.e. Deviantart)

3. I'm a bit troubled with the sign up to the site. Not the questions and all that but I made a test account several months ago using a new email. After sign-up, that email which had very few spam going to it, now receives a lot of spam. :\

4. The premium service was something I wanted to test and it's pretty much going as much as I thought it would. I wouldn't mind getting rid of it since I don't really have time working on adding content for premium members.

5. Most of the other parts of the sites that were recently added, they're a little bit lukewarm on use. They can be removed as well, imo.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think. I will say that whatever will happen, the forum is staying as well as the oekaki, groupboard and of course, the tutorials.

I hate the forums but everything else is ok. I guess it would be cool if everyone could make their own video sections, Jaidurn and I would like folders for our increasingly large collection of Let's Plays.

Eh, it's okay, I guess. Has some pretty awesome, and friendly people, so I have no complaints.

Well.... no, there's that login glitch that occurs sporadically, other than that, you've created a nice site Rio.
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 05-20-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Forums are my home, so naturally I love this side of the site. The main site has gotten a bit confusing though, and somethings I'm asked to sign in from there to get to the forum, which is kind of a bugger. I also very rarely use the other side of things, you know, the part that works kind of like a social art blog or something, yea.

But everything else feels a-okay, I'm not too picky.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Wow one year allready.
    The forum is my primary place of fun and concern tbh.
    The main site and oekaki are like completely seperate entities that are balancing in harmony but could possibly be brought together more often somehow. The main site does seem like the FB of the art world but more complicated to me.
    I would suggest a pop up or notice for PM's but I don't think many of the regular forum members visit both parts simultaneously so it may be pointless.

I like the forum as it is and don't think it needs anything extra added but that's because I can't really imagine anything you could add to the forum. I should hang around the main site more to see how things work.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    I never missed the change in the forum and this place, in my mind, is fine. Speaking as one of the few (I think?) Premium Members, I say leave it. Yeah so were don't get much out of it, it's not like you're making any money off this site. It's nice to give you some money towards hosting, I feel like less of a mooch.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Maaaaaaaan I actually use the main site for stoofs. A lot of people really do.

My problems are the connection between main site and forum. Better said, the connection between anything that is not the forum with the forum it self.

No advice for pms.

The size and weight of the images you can upload is very restricted.

No explanation to new users in how to use their profile, or no information about their status ones they have created an account. This come from the problem of restricting views to users without them knowing why.

Restrictions on views over a profile also restrict you in looking at their galleries.

You can get very few pms, so you are forced to be always deleting pms.

Yeah the 15 limit is ridiculous, and I would kill for PM pop-ups again. I also would enjoy a feature that allows banned users to review their infractions during their penance. But I would literally murder for phpBB again.

Others problems I have are:

-The mixes done with users avatars, having some times avatar from others users.

-When I jump from the forum to my profile directly, its always broken. I go directly to my profile and the main site tells me it doesn't exist and force me to first go to the dashboard each time i want to go to my profile.