Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Reality that you can't/hard to accept

For me its hard to accept how much unfriendly people are. And how some people will use someones kind-warmheartedness to get what they want completely ignoring other peoples feelings. Its hard for me to understand such people. I am the opposite of what MM4funs post says. I always put myself in others shoes....sometimes too much. And in the end i forget to watch out for my shoes and get stepped all over. I have too much fate in humanity, and i always give people too much credit. Its hard for me to make peace with the fact that i'll just have to be an asshole around some people.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

It's hard to accept how unremarkable Son is being. It's like he just watched The Matrix or something.

It's hard to accept that Sylux doesn't creat any conter-arguments and sound like one of those "If a tree falls, then, Blah blah blah" people who thinks that philosophy has no value in our "modern", "civilized" society.

Did I ever say civilized? Did I ever say modern? Cuz now it really looks like you didn't even read my earlier argument. Honestly, in your society, you're expected to go to work, pay rent, buy groceries, and survive in a such way. Seriously, the point of this thread is not to argue reality, it's to state effectively true realities. If you want to go around in life questioning things, I encourage this, but don't be an arsehole and start questioning the reality of a fucking iPod or something.

So you're simplifying my argument into the classic "tree falls = your philosophy is bs". Classy, never thought I'd see this on mt.
    Also, re-read my original post. It states that what I do have problems with is "What I do have problems with is people who accept a lot of things they are taught as an unchangable reality".

Edit: The reason why "I wrote philosophy has no value in our "modern", "civilized" society." Is because most of the time the attitude that "X philosophy is BS" goes hand in hand with "our modern, civilized and knowledgeable society doesn't need to know anything about trees falling or not".
    Last edited by Son44; 05-18-2012 at 06:14 AM.

You're picking a fight in this thread. It's not the point of the thread to argue what is real, it is to argue what is accepted as real. I understand the philosophy you're marching with but this particular thread is not for that. Make a brain in a vat thread or something.

Well if you ask me I don't really mind as long the mods don't mind, I'm having fun reading these types of arguments.. thought it does looks like matrix.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    It is ok so far and this thread kind of lends itself to a debate so yea you can keep arguing. Just remember if you start making it personal and calling each other stupid or anything worse I won't hesitate to infract you into oblivion.

umm...one reality that I find hard to accept is the inevitable end that awaits us all. Death. Call me slap silly and stupid because, even though I know that death will come for us all, I just can't see it coming for me anytime soon you know? Honestly, as we live and create here in the present, how many of us actually ponder the fact that one day your entire reality will cease (change, ascend, whatever)? That life as you comprehend it now will forever be over? I mean I know we can't live for ever, nor do I want to. I'm just saying that while the "on" switch is flipped...I kinda find it difficult to acknowledge the "off" position.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Posted this in the spam thread before, buuuut since it relates to the above, why not.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."