Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality that you can't/hard to accept

The theory that us earth things are the only beings that exist in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    I mean not accepting it. Sure it sucks but bad stuff happens. That is life.
    Oh, I can accept it. I just find it difficult.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    I'm going to have to go with GunZ and say infinite spaces. Spent way too much time Saturday just staring at the stars.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Yeah it's so hard to accept people do bad things without any reasons, get mad without a reasonable explanation..

I've suffered from bullies myself, atleast they're not the type of bullies who would flush you in the toilet but still really bad in so many ways..
    I've always wondered to myself "how can people become so bad and do bad things without any reason?"

I do know there are more bad people around the world and I do know that I'm really lucky compared to them but it's still hard to accept that this is the reality that we see..

Also to the other people theory isn't reality yet, so your free to not accept it...

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    The fact that most of the time, we are not the people who pay the biggest price for our irresponsibility.

how truly self-absorbed everyone (including me) is.

have you ever stopped to think before you grouched at that person that clipped your shoulder when you were walking on the pavement? ever wonder why they were there? where they came from. why the might have not been looking where they were going?

i try my hardest to constantly see others point of view,(don't always suceeded) but if i explain this to others, they think i'm creepy. sheesh.

I wonder why is it that when I make a thread everyone is always agreeing to each other, And I was expecting some debates in this type of topic. OTL

Quote Originally Posted by WhenRabbitsAttack View Post

have you ever stopped to think before you grouched at that person that clipped your shoulder when you were walking on the pavement? ever wonder why they were there? where they came from. why the might have not been looking where they were going?

i try my hardest to constantly see others point of view,(don't always suceeded) but if i explain this to others, they think i'm creepy. sheesh.
    The proper response is something like "Watch it, asshat."

Quote Originally Posted by WhenRabbitsAttack View Post

Welcome to materialistic society, we have a wealth of apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    However, an increase in material wealth and goods in the US has actually had little to no effect on the well-being and happiness of its people. Skitovsky called this a "joyless economy" in which people endlessly pursue comforts to the detriments of pleasures.

Using two measures of subjective well-being, one study found that materialism was negatively related to happiness, meaning that people who tended to be more materialistic were also less happy. When people derive a lot of pleasure from buying things and believe that acquiring material possessions are important life goals, they tend to have lower life satisfaction scores. Materialism also positively correlates with more serious psychological issues such as depression, narcissism and paranoia. Ironically, a person's pursuit of happiness through the "American Dream" will make them unhappier.
    Last edited by Delphinus; 05-15-2012 at 07:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Rabbits is right! So is Del though. It is what it is. I mean...I think its in one's nature to be "self absorbed" (I can not & will not elaborate because I'm too busy being delicious!). Its really difficult to see one's self juxtaposed everything else without being in the very least a little self absorbed. But the materialistic world that many of us liven today makes it even easier to become self absorbed. I go out of my way to speak to everyone I meet on the street. Just a friendly hello, nothing more. But I know they probably won't speak back so I greet them with a hello & an angry scowl simultaneously. Its all f'ed up. Am I self absorbed for thinking I should extend good will to the fellow passerby Or is it really my perception that people aren't as kind as I am that makes me scowl?

Either way it bums me out...