Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunger Games to Dethklok

Whenrabbitsattack:
    And all of these characters perform actions and have a relationship with the main character that drives the story. If one of these characters is changed or remove, then the story is also changed in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Toast are you familiar with the magical negro trope.

http://joamette.tumblr.com/post/2017...rue-and-thresh

Rue only exists to be magical and black
    I've actually thought about this, and it's hilarious. And what's funnier is, some people don't even know Rue and Thresh are black until either someone tells them or they watch the movie, then they rage. I figured the author suddenly thought at one point "wait, theres no black people in this story, people will think I'm racist" and made these characters. She also seemed to devote all of district 11 to black people.

To be fair a lot of white writers do that. I believe its called white until proven otherwise.

Mashed Potato Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Toast are you familiar with the magical negro trope.

http://joamette.tumblr.com/post/2017...rue-and-thresh

Rue only exists to be magical and black

It's pretty funny, and it makes sense since most white people (including me) think every character is white until some clue points to them being black. I wonder if it's the other way around for black people, or the media has influenced their minds so much that they think every character is white.

EDIT: I approve of your post, reloj

they writer is the one who decides on the side characters, and the only reason the are included is for the story's progression. it is feaseaible that you could create an entire story based on a single person, and all incidental characters being inanimate objects or personal demons.

Quote Originally Posted by WhenRabbitsAttack View Post
    they writer is the one who decides on the side characters, and the only reason the are included is for the story's progression. it is feaseaible that you could create an entire story based on a single person, and all incidental characters being inanimate objects or personal demons.
    It would be a pretty boring story, unless you can prove me otherwise. Not sure how this relates to the movie vs book

mom4fun, read my post and reply if you dare (about budget and that shit).

Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    It's pretty funny, and it makes sense since most white people (including me) think every character is white until some clue points to them being black. I wonder if it's the other way around for black people, or the media has influenced their minds so much that they think every character is white.

EDIT: I approve of your post, reloj
    I assume characters are white because that's what the media has taught me to expect. I can't help but think if america made a movie about romance of the three kingdoms they'd get orlando bloom to play liu bei.

No that would be shitty. A guy named Poe did it and he could only pull it off for 15 pages and in a poem.