Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunger Games to Dethklok

as was said before, they have time restrictions,toast. if they stayed completley true to the books, that movie would have been three hours long. not in my attention span, thanks.

clock, by time, i meant how long the finished movie is.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    The bigger the budget, the longer you'll take on a movie, and vice versa, so it seems.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Toast are you familiar with the magical negro trope.

http://joamette.tumblr.com/post/2017...rue-and-thresh

Rue only exists to be magical and black

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Green Mile.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    The thing with Rue was not sad to me. I feel like I did not know her as a character.
    That was probably the thing that I complained about most after the movie. I didn't cry at that scene... I cry at most sad scenes in movies, so that says a lot. (this includes toy story 3... and finding neverland) I definitely wish they had spent more time developing Rue's character in the movie, and letting us get attached to her.

Quote Originally Posted by corastaur View Post
    I actually was at first, but the more I thought about it the more I liked the movie. Even though they didn't stay true to all the little details, and I did really miss madge and the fact that rue wasn't nearly as developed as I'd have liked, I felt like they stayed true to the overall feel/atmosphere of the books. And they didn't really mess up any major plot points, so the future movies shouldn't be affected. You gotta admit though, the district 11 riot scene was pretty awesome. I was touched.
    Hmm I see what you mean. Personally, I felt those details (except for the cat) were actually quite important in letting the viewer understand the characters better, showing the wrath of the Capitol, and most importantly, tying into the second book (or movie, in this case). And I do agree that the riot scene was still pretty rad and made sense, but a pretty traumatic scene comes up in the next book that involves district 11. District 8's riot had purpose too, because it sparked events that happened later in the second book that were quite important and lead to certain clues. So because of all this, I'm not sure how good the next movie will be (because from all this popularity, they are definitely making a second movie).

EDIT: gimme a second to read that, jubeh

that is true, but all characters beside the main are incidental, they are created to help finish the story, however they may do so.

wat

The fuck. Are you serious. They are incidental. Play a JRPG and tell me your party members are incidental. Hell, you can choose to not take them on quests right? So they must just be there for you right?

Hey mom4fuyn read my post.