Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunger Games to Dethklok

999 Knights Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    ella enchanted. i dont know why i read that. and princess diaries. that was on audio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

Apparently chuck palahniuk thought the fight club movie was better than his book.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Books of movies suck, but books of games are surprisingly alright.
    Which ones are you talking about

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Mainly the Halo books, and some of the Warhammer books, though those are just lore-based, I think.

@Clock: Depends though, the Percy Jackson movie got fucked up cause he needed to be a certain age, and they made him wayyy older. In the lats book, I think he's just turning 16, Lightning Thief is the first, and by naming it 'Lightning Thief' you assume they're going to follow at least important parts of the book series, so that they can do the rest correctly. NOPE.
    Last edited by GunZet; 05-12-2012 at 11:59 PM.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I like Chuck Palahniuks humor in his books, and The Fight Club portrayed in a very nice way his humor and the way he does his narrative. Don't know if its better, but I can say I enjoy both (more the movie for biased reasons).

movies can be a new way to explore the story, but it is a much more limited medium in some ways. there are time restrictions, budget, equipment..... most of these('cept for budget) don't apply to books, however, books can't give you a direct visual

Quote Originally Posted by corastaur View Post
    agreed, but... I do get really excited when a movie is true to the book. Especially since they ruined a couple of books I liked when I was younger (i'm lookin at you Eragon and Series of Unfortunate Events!)
    Of course that excitement wears off if the movie itself isn't very good...
    Were you not annoyed by the fact that it was district 11 starting to riot first, and not district 8? what about madge not giving the pin to katniss, or not even being in the movie at all? how about rue not saying anything about her district? wheres the avox girl? octavius, flenia, and venius not being strong characters? haymitch not being drunk as hell? AND most importantly, buttercup wasnt fucking orange, bro! What is the point of the name buttercup if the cat is black and white?!

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    I like Chuck Palahniuks humor in his books, and The Fight Club portrayed in a very nice way his humor and the way he does his narrative. Don't know if its better, but I can say I enjoy both (more the movie for biased reasons).
    I love the book but it is full of problems. For instance what is the narrators job? He says he works for an insurance company but then he does presentations for microsoft? Its an artifact left from the original fight club short story that I guess he forgot to change.

Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    Were you not annoyed by the fact that it was district 11 starting to riot first, and not district 8? what about madge not giving the pin to katniss, or not even being in the movie at all? how about rue not saying anything about her district? wheres the avox girl? octavius, flenia, and venius not being strong characters? haymitch not being drunk as hell? AND most importantly, buttercup wasnt fucking orange, bro! What is the point of the name buttercup if the cat is black and white?!
    I actually was at first, but the more I thought about it the more I liked the movie. Even though they didn't stay true to all the little details, and I did really miss madge and the fact that rue wasn't nearly as developed as I'd have liked, I felt like they stayed true to the overall feel/atmosphere of the books. And they didn't really mess up any major plot points, so the future movies shouldn't be affected. You gotta admit though, the district 11 riot scene was pretty awesome. I was touched.

Quote Originally Posted by WhenRabbitsAttack View Post
    movies can be a new way to explore the story, but it is a much more limited medium in some ways.
    WAT

there are time restrictions
    Untrue, a nice planed movie can be filmed in 3 weeks, even less.

budget
    False, in pre-production you can state the budget and make the plans for the film. Even if you want to make something crazy as a Next Harry Potter serie or some shit like that, you can make it work with low budget. If you don't trust me go and Watch Call of Cuthluh movie, its a very well done movie with low budget.

equipment
    Again, this is resolved on budget and pre-production.

most of these('cept for budget) don't apply to books, however, books can't give you a direct visual
    Movies are not limited, they are a complete medium that can work in very fascinating ways. Budget and equipment are always resolved by the creativity of the director to tackle the story, and many times these problems make the director and art directors in other cases, more creative and do a better job at the illustration of the story in the theater.

The thing with Rue was not sad to me. I feel like I did not know her as a character.