Thread: Requiring members, questions, and advice about video game art and design.

101 Dalmations Member

Requiring members, questions, and advice about video game art and design.

My goal now is to make video games and comics also. I'll be doing game art and design and then later on I'll make comics. I just too occupied with playing my game that I barely draw so I wanna do video game art and design. If anyone wanna, team up with me. Follow the tutorials and we can work on a really cool video game project. I need a team because I can't do this by myself, you know. HMU with a message if you interested.

I also starting as a beginner and I was wonder if anyone who's into animation can give me some advice and tips on how I should improve myself more in making video games and game art. What kinds of other animation programs can I use to help me with video games. Unity 3d is not good for modeling characters and stuff. (It sucks,right?)

The free software I am starting off with is called Unity3d and I heard it is good for making video games for Ipad, Iphone, Wii and PC. I think it would be cool to make my own video game and it will help me more as a career. So what you guys think?

Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...2&feature=plcp
    Software:
    http://unity3d.com/
    Last edited by KakashiTheSharingan; 05-11-2012 at 02:38 AM.

Video game creation is very difficult. I myself have used Unity and it is a good app game maker if you can use it. As for 3D creation i think blender is the best 3d freeware (also a very difficult program to learn). Depending on the type of game you may need a group of people to make something worth playing (my opinion)
    If you need tuts on the software youtube has many great ones and also use their guides (free on their sites)

Can I also say that creating a solid game is probably a group effort, otherwise you'd take a very long time.
    Both unity and blender are not for games like angry birds, cut the rope, or any zanga games. They are 3d world creators (i believe blender may allow 2d platforming with 3d objects like trine) and not very easy to master.
    Other programs- adobe flash (not free)
    Unreal engine (mostly for fps and tps)
    Rpg maker (not free, there is a demo though for 30 days this one is for the rpgs that look like pokemon with sprites) this has 3 types VX is the newest and this is the easiest program to use.

As for help I'd love to create a storyline or plot for your game.
    Last edited by GunZet; 05-28-2012 at 01:41 AM. Reason: double posted.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Merged your posts, try to refrain from doubleposting and just edit your original please.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

101 Dalmations Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owithrow View Post
    Video game creation is very difficult. I myself have used Unity and it is a good app game maker if you can use it. As for 3D creation i think blender is the best 3d freeware (also a very difficult program to learn). Depending on the type of game you may need a group of people to make something worth playing (my opinion)
    If you need tuts on the software youtube has many great ones and also use their guides (free on their sites)

Can I also say that creating a solid game is probably a group effort, otherwise you'd take a very long time.
    Both unity and blender are not for games like angry birds, cut the rope, or any zanga games. They are 3d world creators (i believe blender may allow 2d platforming with 3d objects like trine) and not very easy to master.
    Other programs- adobe flash (not free)
    Unreal engine (mostly for fps and tps)
    Rpg maker (not free, there is a demo though for 30 days this one is for the rpgs that look like pokemon with sprites) this has 3 types VX is the newest and this is the easiest program to use.

As for help I'd love to create a storyline or plot for your game.
    How would you do that?