Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your greatest regrets

Hmm ok, very personal example:

SPOILER! :
    I spent one summer as a camp counselor and it was after a particularly hard year at school. I had been questioning a lot of things regarding my future and was getting closer and closer to being depressed, which is never a good thing when you're also in charge of like 15-20 kids. It was a christian camp so every week there's a night where the kids can come and talk to their counselors about their own worries or stuff that's going on at home and we talk to them and pray for them. So after my campers and finished talking with me and had gone out I ended up having a breakdown of sorts, and one of my campers came back in randomly and came up to me and gave me a hug and prayed for me instead. Anyway what she ended up saying put my problems in perspective for me and helped me to not freak out anymore. It basically got me out of the hole I was digging for myself.

less personal examples are when kids, in their innocence, say something about your problem and you're like crap why didn't I think of that.
    In general though, the less experienced helping out the experienced is easily seen in school related stuff. Its why it's a good idea to pair a student who is having a hard time understanding things with one of the best students to work on a problem set. The "expert" student is able to teach the non-expert, while at the same time increasing their understanding of the problem, and, when they come to a particularly difficult problem, the non-expert can often have an intuitive approach to the problem that the "expert" might not have thought of.

Are you convinced an adult couldn't do any of those things

No I'm not convinced. I guess what I'm saying is, provided the kid isn't just trying to prove they're smart, don't discount what a young person says just because they're young and "stupid."

ok

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    How the heck did we even get here.

millions of years of evolution?

Haha, I think she's referring to the topic.

I'm not entirely sure where my greatest regrets lie, but they're probably something to do with apathy.

I have never understood these "camps things" that apparently are so common in USA. Like what is the deal in going to a camp that segregate population? or just going to a camp, what happened to boy scouts in that mater?

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Keep on topic or your off topic posts will be eligible as a greatest regret. And no off topic posts are not permitted because you will regret them later and be able to post that you regret your off topic posts.

Ok that was in general so not aimed at anyone. I can see the string of comments slowly edging to new territory.