4 33.33%
  • What the hell?!

3 25.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tetsu's arts: 3D animation on p.2

101 Dalmations Member Rainbow_Dash's Avatar
    I guess I could. Yeah, I'll do that.

101 Dalmations Member Tetsuphil's Avatar
    My brain kittens are shining with love! Yawl!
    Thanks xD

The whole fact that you're doing art in 3D is really cool. It's something that I'd never even attempt!

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Awesome stuff, Tetsu. Though I wonder, I've seen this gradual shift with you going from drawing, to 3D. I think I remember what you're going for though... I think, but it's looking pretty good. Much better than my models, which are just tossed together with a total disregard for poly-distribution, lol. Gonna rig him up? Use any sculpting programs?
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

moar moar ;3

Yawl man, looks like you havent change much ;D

101 Dalmations Member Tetsuphil's Avatar
    My brain kittens are shining with love! Yawl!
    JJJorgie: I suggest you to try it out, but you need some tutoring first, which is easy to find on the internet lol. You should try with blender first, it's free. Cauz the actual programs are expensive ._. But available for free illegally but I'm not supporting this >A><

Anyways, thanks a lot :P

Gunzet: Yeah, it's more like I had to put drawing aside as a second nature to truly focus on 3D. I dunno what you mean by what I'm going for but oh well, you know, I guess I,m going to a job in something I like, but I desperatly need to improve my skills at it, I'm far from the standards of industry. And if you don't care about poly distribution, I suggest you Zbrush. I haven't used it much but I'm gonna have a course soon For the rigging, it's actually done. Im animating it. :P Im not too happy with the animation but that's okay xD
    Anyways thanks tons, Gunzet

Cloudy: Yes mam

doghateburger: Is that a negative thing? xD Yeah I know, as I said to Gunzet, I really did'nt draw much as soon as I started my second year of animation 3D and my breakup may be one of the reason why drawing got difficult at first :I but then its basically school and all those movie projects, jobs and other stuff. I've been doing so much stuff, it may not have changed my drawing abilities yet, but as a person I think I've changed, but I really, really wish to go back to drawing to progress a step forward, but damn is it hard to find the time. .-. Rusty as hell too D8

Well, I'm gonna show you guys two animations I'm happy with in particular.

Walk Cycle amd Jumping, nothing too fancy.

https://vimeo.com/41865321

https://vimeo.com/41867789

Well, comments and crits welcome, however, the teacher already punched me with a critic xD so lets see if someone can point out something he haven't said

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I liked the first one. It was really fluid and natural. He has this uppity walk that reminds me of Bradely Uppercrust III from An Extremely Goofy Movie. I'm iffy on the second one, though. The way he lands in the middle, doesn't suggest that he could make a fluid second jump like that. I think that if you kept the middle mannequin sequence, you'd probably have to adjust the end to make him stumble and barely make it onto the last part.

Nah, its all negative man, I understand your situation, I too lack time to draw as much as I want. At the very least, you are making good progress with your 3D animations. The walk cycle looks pretty smooth. Maybe you should try combining these two aspect of art together, *wink wink ;DD

What bugs me the most about the walk cycle is his lack of back movement. He should be bending and sorts. The second one has extremely over-exaggerated movements for what should be generally easy to accomplish, physically, with minimal effort. I would have had him walk towards the gap and hop to the surface and land with only one foot, using it to push himself to the other side. Maybe I would have made him stumble and catch the second ledge with both feet on the actual wall part of the gap.