Thread: Private profile

Private profile

I think it happened to me now about 3-4 times that new people asking stuffs about tutorial or how to draw stuffs...
    They pm me but I can't reply back cause their profile is private.

when I became friends with them I can finally do it, and when I asked them why they did a private profile they say "it's just private the time they joined"

So I'm kinda thinking if possible to remove the private profiling.

I think it would be better for an environment that promotes learning art skills.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Ehhh, that kinda depends. Some actually do choose to keep their profiles private, others don't know. So we'd have to filter through all the bazillion members and determine which ones want it and which ones don't. Nothing we can really do about it, just become their friends? lol.

Though I agree, it sort of takes away a chunk of communication in that part of the community.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    What about just making it so that profiles are just public by default and let people switch them to private if they want to?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    That could work for new members, but I mean, wouldn't that be an issue if it was set for all current members too, especially the ones that are fine with it being private/ set it for private?

Wouldn't be too bad, but you know, lol. There would be a window of time for peeps to snoop around before they realize they'd have to set it back to private.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Members are set automatically to private of they are under the age of 13 (or at least, if they put their birthdate as under 13 when they sign up). I made it that way as a form of privacy for the younger set of members here. They can change it to public in the settings if they want but they will have to make that decision themselves.

Does that mean that members above the age of 13 have their profiles set to public automatically?

Oh I see now, So that's what happened.

I guess that is reasonable.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    Does that mean that members above the age of 13 have their profiles set to public automatically?
    Yes. There was a talk about this last year when people couldn't PM folks who were under 18 so I set the bare minimum of auto-privacy at 13 and under.

oic very cool

Time to go on a message spree