Thread: Outdoor painting - Best medium to use?

Outdoor painting - Best medium to use?

Hey guys, so recently I kinda wanna try out door painting, but im not sure which medium to use. Im not really good with traditional painting, I've only use acrylic and hardcore fail with water color.

Any advise on what I should try? O_o

Probably oil paints, they dry slower, I would give that a go :>

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Most outdoor painters use oil. Like Cloudy said, it dries slower so you have more time to push stuff around.

You can achieve sort of the same effect with acrylic if you use an acrylic thinner, and you'll have a better time with watercolor if you get the tubes rather than the usual pallets, it's just hard to get the intensity of the other two mediums with watercolor.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Thanks for the suggestion guys! I do wanna try oil painting, but its pretty expensive right? O_o

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Definitely, which is why you're probably better off going with acrylic and thinner. You'll just have to work fast.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."