Thread: Time for Robert Ivaldi to get serious! Hello!

Spambot or Not? Newbie

Talking Time for Robert Ivaldi to get serious! Hello!

I'd like to start off by saying this website was a wonderful resource for me 4 years ago. Only recently (few minutes ago) have I stumbled upon it again! Now that I understand the internet (and no longer have dial-up), I've decided to make a forum account.

(Time for my life's story)
    HELLO! My name is Robert Ivaldi, I'm 16 and an on-and-(mostly)off hobbyist artist.
    4 years ago I was in middle school; I was still caught between BE AN ENGINEER vs BE AN ARTIST. I chose the engineer route, but in the midst of doing calculations and drawing diagrams, I've always drew a doodle/fanart/sketch every now and then. As I come upon my last year of high school I finally have the free time to seriously get down to drawing consistently.

I enjoy things that are upbeat, optimistic, lighthearted, and dramatic but gets resolved (I'm a happy person). I've grown up playing Harvest Moon and it still stands as my favorite casual game. My favorite manga is the Zero no Tsukaima (Familiar of Zero) graphic novel. Favorite anime is True Tears (short, 1 season animes are like books to me). My favorite motion pictures are reserved for Studio Ghibli; has been and always will be!

I may have been on-and-off for 4 years, but I am starting from the basics! So any resources will be of help to me. I really hope to find a good how-to book as suggested in the tutorials. Anything I've drawn thus far has been 'reference' sketching. I need to be actively glancing at something to draw it. My hopes are to get away from that; create my own characters and be able to orient them how I please to make a scene.

I hope to be actively... active with the community! I thought I'd like to bring a gift with my arrival ^-^ So here's a reference sketch I've drawn in my new sketchbook; Natalie from Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness.

Not bad for not knowing perspective, shading, or how to draw bodies hm?
    Just kidding, but I hope to use her design for a character someday! This site and the resources I find will surely get me there! I am happy to finally be here, and I will take in all the information I can from you all.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Welcome to Manga Tutorials Robert! Um... there's a lot to reply to so I'll keep it to the most important... Yay, Harvest Moon! You should try playing Animal Crossing.

lol I'll answers your questions later... Gonna post some Animal Crossing pics right now. :is excited:

Welcome to the forum

Spambot or Not? Newbie
    Thank you! Unfortunately I have not gotten my hands on New Leaf. I've played Game Cube AC and City Folk; I might get New Leaf too at some point.

Oh hey! Welcome to MT!! Glad you could join us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Welcome! I don't own a DS but have played a little of Harvest Moon. Not a bad game at all, but from what I read of the one I got it wasn't the most popular in the series.

Welcome to the forum

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Haelo!

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Welcome to the forum. Seriously your drawing is very well.