Thread: Problem making new threads.

Problem making new threads.

If this one works...

I try to create a new thread on "Manga Works".
    Everything goes fine up until I either hit "submit" or "preview"
    I will get a notice saying "Error occurred while executing directive" or something.
    Is there a limit on how long the post can be? The thread I was trying to make was kind of long....

Or am I doing something wrong?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I don't think I've ran into this issue before, but it may be something in the title that you're doing wrong, not the actual content of the blog itself.
    Or it might just be another one of those random forum bugs.

Wait and see if anyone else can answer it.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Try making it into two posts and see if you can get it posted by cutting the post in half. Some people have had similar problems (I think in manga works) and its usually when you are copy and pasting the post from somewhere else without adding anything by actually typing (I think).
    Kodos may be the best one to answer this question because I think he's had it happen to him more than anyone.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    There is a limit to how long a post can be. I'm not sure how long exactly but the longer the post, the more chance of it getting that error you described. If you break the posting into two, then you should be fine. Just make sure you note that you had to break your original post in two because you're getting error messages or else you may get a notice from a mod about double posting.

Ok, I'll do that. Thank you all.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    There is a limit to how long a post can be. I'm not sure how long exactly but the longer the post, the more chance of it getting that error you described. If you break the posting into two, then you should be fine. Just make sure you note that you had to break your original post in two because you're getting error messages or else you may get a notice from a mod about double posting.
    It's pretty baffling actually because I've had posts shorter than the current OP of my Terminus Est OOC thread trigger the error, and others that were longer not trigger it. It seems t be pretty random at times.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Sir-Mass-a-Lot
    Yes, Kodos makes some lengthy posts...

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    @ Kodos
    I think it has to do with the length of all the posts in one page. Or at least, that's the only reason I can think of as to why it's doing that. :\