Thread: Getting Back Into It

Getting Back Into It

I'm going to stat drawing again more seriously this time because I really wanna become a better artist and just enjoy art.. so if any of you guys have any tips or advice it would b helpful..thxs

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Since there is no question and no real conversational content, I'm moving this to the Drawing and Tutorials section.

As for the topic, well, the biggest tip that any artist can give to another artist looking to get back in the game is that good ol' famous 'practice practice practice' line. But that's pretty broad.

What you wanna do right now is practice what you're not good at; if you notice you're lacking in a certain area, say hands, feet, body structure, etc. etc. start practicing those. Do many sketches and studies, like LOTS. And just know when you're practicing this stuff, nothing needs to be perfect. If you're going to be doing a ton of studies, why waste the time detailing when what you really need to learn is how what you're drawing comes together, bends, forms, and functions? That is unless you're trying to get better at detailing.

You can post your progress and practices if you want in the following thread:
    http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...388#post153388

Or just make a crit corner / artist alley thread (or both) if you haven't already.
    Gonna be honest though, MT is slow as hell to reply to anything, so don't go looking for replies if you decide to go that route, just keep practicing page after page of whatever.

Aaaand, that's all I got for now. Gud anya m8.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

thxs gunZet