Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Parenting

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    My parents never gave a crap unless my siblings and I were being noisy or getting into trouble. My mom occasionally got up and taught me things, like cooking and sewing and needlework, but for the most part they were either at work or tired from work and not in the mood to put up with us. If I wanted to get out and do something, it had to be free or really cheap and I had to find my own way to get there. I never thought it was a big deal to walk as far as I did, but other people were astounded by it.

My dad used to have an amazing temper and would express his anger with his fists (mostly on my brothers), but a bunch of stuff happened and he was forced to sit down and have a good long look at himself. He went to anger management (and was the first person ever in the class that wasn't there by court order) and made us kids tell him with complete honesty exactly why he was such a fucked up guy. It took a while, and it was a hell of a journey for him, but he's a hell of a lot better for it. Now that I'm not scared of him, I think he's a really amazing guy. I don't think I can express how proud I am to have him as my dad.

I'm pretty sure I never want to have kids of my own. Everyone says my feelings will change whenever I finally get pregnant, but I really don't care to find out.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pajamajam View Post
    I'm pretty sure I never want to have kids of my own. Everyone says my feelings will change whenever I finally get pregnant, but I really don't care to find out.
    Don't let people push you into think you'll want them, and don't be afraid to call them out on their insistence if its rude. I think people that don't want kids are perfectly okay, and that other people should chill out when they find out that some just don't want kids.

My parents. Eh. My mom says some pretty darn rude things to me, and my dad — I just don't "get" the guy. They try their hardest, and they love me, though. So minimal complaints.

A lot of parents baby their children too much and make them spoilt, like a kid falls down and is clearly fine kids are meant to take a few tumbles here and there...then the parent makes a fuss and the child cries. thus giving the child a reason to cry = negative attention.

I hope when I have kids I don't turn into this kind of parent.

Who need kids any way?

My parents get mad at me if I have less than 4.0 GPA. They support me in sports and art, but they don't really understand me which leads to a LOT of arguements. Luckily, my dad's gone almost all day because he's in the military, but my mom stays home on the farm, which just leads to more fights. I don't think I have a lot of room to complain though because I can tell they love me and I guess it could be worse.

send them stuff through farmville.

My parents were great, if anyone should have complaints, it's them, they got stuck with me.

wat but they made u its their fault u exist

err fault isnt the right word but o well

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    My parents were great, if anyone should have complaints, it's them, they got stuck with me.
    Yeah man, I have heard a lot of complains from your parents.