Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving a car. WTH!

obviously, i can't drive,but i learnt the basics on an ATV around our friends farm. my best piece of driving knowledge: objects in front of you are closer than they appear. like the back of whatevers in front of you, for instance.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Living in the middle of the city, I have no real need to drive, as I either skate, walk, or take the lightrail everywhere I need to be, but I know eventually I'll have to drive. But I mean, sitting behind the wheel of something isn't my style, shit sketches me out.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

it just seems odd to you because you're not used to it yet

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    And yea seriously I have plenty of people around to ask but none want to make the time to let me use their car and learn. It's either "I don't have time" it's "I'm not a good teacher" or "you are way to tall for my car".
    Bribe them?

how tall r u psy?

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I have a license and a car but unless I'm picking someone up or giving them emergency rides I always opt to take the bus or metro.

Psy, I decided to learn to drive after I moved out of home, so I had no one to take me. I ended up forking over money for weekly driving lessons, and then going to my parents house whenever I could to drive with them (In Australia you have to do 120 hours or driving before going for your liscense.) It was a massive money drain and I'm still not that great at driving. Moral of the story is just be glad you don't have to record 120 hours of driving before taking the test.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Quote Originally Posted by indescribable View Post
    Bribe them?
    These bastards are exspensive. I'm like I'm all for say $20 in gas because I'm going to be using some of theirs up but not every freaking time or anything. Probably would be cheaper than driving school.

@Making: I'm 5'11.5" but 6'.5" with shoes and a lot of my height is in the legs because my knees are allways well above my lap when I sit in a car even when extended as much as possible. If I'm riding passenger I usually have to cross my legs in a lazy indian style so I'm not pushing into the seat infront of me or just to fit properly.

Man, I fit in a Geo and I'm 6'6". Most of my height is in my legs as well. You can totally fit in the vehicles enough just to pass a test and to get to work. I don't see what the problem is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I don't either. Everyone keeps telling me that "your legs should be in a comfortable position and not so bent so it just won't work driving my car". I think it's more exscuses not to teach me. Back to square one.