Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving a car. WTH!

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".

Driving a car. WTH!

Ok so this thread is dedicated to the act of driving. As well as cars insurence and gas. Discuss it all!

Ok so I am about to be 23 and I can't drive.
    I have my learners permit now finally but have really no reliable way of learning. I never actually needed a liscense to do anything. I allways bued a ride with a family member if they were going some where I needed to go it rode the bus. I stayed home thru out high school to take care of the house and the kids so I had no chance to take drivers education and my parents worked full time so no chance to get any practice behind the wheel prior to now. I have anxiety attacks so I'm sure I'm going to die driving and that has held me back as well. I have a job that is walking distance so again never really needed to drive myself.
    NOW I need one to get a better job. Everything now requires a license and sometimes a car to even be considered. I allso need it for a possible promotion.

I have no reliable forms of learning to drive. Father works sister works mother goes out of town every couple days grandmother is not the best driver herself and works uncle would never let me anywhere near his car and friends have school work and kids so I cant call on them really. My only other option is to pay $300 for like 4 lessons at 1.5hrs ea. I only have $200 and one of my fillings just fell out so bye bye $200.
    Now idk wtf to do. Any advice on learning?

Now tell your storie!!!

I learned to drive when I was 23. You really only need an hour in a parking lot to figure out the basics. I took an online course in order to get certified for the actual driving test. You couldn't fail the written test if you tried.

Uh, I'm 16 and I have my license so it's not that hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI

Go at everything at your own pace. And for when you're actually out driving, just keep your distance from the car in front of you and check your mirrors often, etc. It's pretty much just common sense.

One Thousand Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    I can drive, its nerve wracking until you get used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

Yeah I learned how to drive in a parking lot. It's not too tough.

Wow I can relate. I’ve always taken the bus around for years, I remember my father handing me the driver’s book at thirteen and little old me was eager to read it and time came around when I was fifteen and that ass never even taught me about driving…now at nineteen I literally went down to DMV this past Tuesday to get my permit and I fail the vision test -_-; my fault for not wearing glasses for the past six years…I have myopia, an astigmatism, and a slight lazy right eye (well only when I stare off into space…it sort of freaks people out sometimes)- I know it seems like a lot but I really don’t feel like I have bad vision…plus I look bad in glasses and the thought of putting contacts on *shutters*. Anyway looks like I’m going to have to get an eye exam on Monday to get glasses before I can test for a permit…I just hope I can find a pair of cat-eye frames because apparently they’re the best bet for my face shape. So I finally get promised for driving lessons this summer. I don’t know what you plan on doing, I hate the idea of driving schools seems like a big waste of money, really someone you know can’t take like a couple hours one day of a week to give you some instruction. Once (if) you get someone to help you with it I don’t think it’ll be that hard just relax and get used to it I mean my brother-in-law has a license and he’s the dumbest person I ever met in my life…then again two more tickets and it’s revoked forever.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Ok so you all see my dilemma! It shouldn't be that hard to do if there are all these dumbasses on the roads out there! And yea seriously I have plenty of people around to ask but none want to make the time to let me use their car and learn. It's either "I don't have time" it's "I'm not a good teacher" or "you are way to tall for my car". Like seriously I'm tired of walking to work at 3:30am. I won't have my own car or anything but it's be nice to have the option to take the truck when available (despite me being to big for it *eye roll*).

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I'm 17. I don't even have a permit.

When I did have a permit I was a horrible driver.

Ditched the van the fist time I sat in the driver's seat.

Driving is not my gig.

Seefy I totally understand! :/ I have a tendency to... almost (?) hit things when I drive. So I do drive, but the point is if I am allowed to drive you'll be fine. Also be afraid if you're ever driving in chicago since I might be on the streets...
    Last edited by corastaur; 04-27-2012 at 12:49 AM.