Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: The work sucks soul thread.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    To be honest if I go to a store and an employee isn't smiling or is generally being shit I usually call them out if not just because I've been in retail for almost 5 years and I know it sucks but being social and smiling is part of the job.
    As long as I don't get a bitch ass attitude from em, I'm fine with no smile. Sometimes people put on an act so fuckin' plastic that it's just hurtful, and I wanna get out of there as soon as possible.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    It's a saying or something that I was told a lot when I first started working. If you don't smile and acknowledge (sp?) a customer they are more inclined to steal to. It's the retail way of saying "I SEE YOU!"

That's another reason why I didn't bother with a smile, it's a whole lot of effort for nothing, really.

I made eye contact with customers, though, it pained me....

Yeah if you dont smile and you work in retail you are a twat and it really is that simple. It is hard work, but that is because it is meant to be.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    It really isint ment for everyone. Just like being a teacher isint ment for people with short fuses. If retail isint your thing you need an office job where you can pretend no one exists outside your three grey cubicle walls (sounds fun actually).

I'm glad I don't work in a store, anymore, seriously, and to be honest, I wouldn't mind working in a cubicle. That would be kind've fun, work a bit and on break, just eat chill, listen to some tunes or whatever, then back to work, nice and simple... also no dealing with returns and cart fetching, ha ha ha.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebe View Post
    I'm glad I don't work in a store, anymore, seriously, and to be honest, I wouldn't mind working in a cubicle. That would be kind've fun, work a bit and on break, just eat chill, listen to some tunes or whatever, then back to work, nice and simple... also no dealing with returns and cart fetching, ha ha ha.
    For. The. Rest. Of. Your. Life.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

As much as I'd like to carry out my life's ambition, well.... some one needs to do the boring work, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    What happened to having a career. :/
    a recent study in na shows that 85% of unversity graduates do not get a job in the career they studied for

I didn't even notice bacon had said that. Ah to be young and naive.