Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The work sucks soul thread.

That would've been a nice way to go, better than being fired because you have anger issues and curse too much, ha ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    I remember all the programed dialogues I did in my head to attend customers. It's a very robotic thing, almost like rpg dialogues.
    I can't tell if you are joking or not but at games workshop this is basically how it is. You learn a flowchart of statements and responses so when you talk to customers you are ultra consistent.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I'd always choose renegade, so that I get cool looking roboscars.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Retail is not a hard thing to do. Just do what the hell her they tell you to and it will be fine as long as it isint violating any of your ethics or laws it's all doable. If you know that it's a rule to NOT do something them tell them that and see if you still have a job because it's a 50/50 chance that you will get fired for not or for doing it. I can handle retail. I hate retail because people are so stupid and I have to pick up the slack because I am just like that and take pride in even doing the things I hate. If my coworkers weren't such fuck ups I would be 100x's happier at work. I can act and just be totally out of character from my normal cynical self and lead or provide outstanding customer service but it would be so much easier if I knew I had some more people working with me that knew what the fuck they were doing. If I can ever get to management the first thing I am doing is retraining everyone on my shifts. I don't cuss a lot in my day to day life and I honestly fuss more freely on the Internet (bad habit I know). As for being angry I will not disagree with you there because I am in fact angry that there is no common sense among people anymore.

Psy, I was talking about myself, you never actually struck me as the angry 'God damn it fuck you' type.

You know, I tried to do the whole 'Smile smile I'm happy working here, and am glad to lick the mud of the customers shoes' dance or whatever, but I couldn't, I mean damn, man if it was just that, maybe, but I also had to take shit from every single asshole customer, and I couldn't do that.

To be honest if I go to a store and an employee isn't smiling or is generally being shit I usually call them out if not just because I've been in retail for almost 5 years and I know it sucks but being social and smiling is part of the job.

I did my job and that's good enough. Besides, the cashier was social enough with the customer already, so I usually didn't bother.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    What happened to having a career. :/
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    To be honest if I go to a store and an employee isn't smiling or is generally being shit I usually call them out if not just because I've been in retail for almost 5 years and I know it sucks but being social and smiling is part of the job.
    Yea. As much as I hate hearing it a smile IS part of the uniform.

What now?