Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The work sucks soul thread.

You are overestimating customers by a long shot. Most people never find out they've spent too much.

Conversely you get the guys who shop on the net and come in going on about our prices are too high but still shop at our store.

Selling people more than what they came in for is the mark of a good salesman

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    You are overestimating customers by a long shot. Most people never find out they've spent too much.

Conversely you get the guys who shop on the net and come in going on about our prices are too high but still shop at our store.
    I guess I'm just a smarter customer. Just for shits and giggles, what do you mean by oversell? Over stickerprice or putting a higher stickerprice on in the first place.

EDIT: Well yes. Sell people more than they need duh. Didn't think that's what Jubeh meant.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Changing the prices per customer would be illegal so apparently you think I'm a criminal.

Overselling is selling the customer stuff that is more expensive than what they actually need.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Changing the prices per customer would be illegal so apparently you think I'm a criminal.
    Which is why I was so confused to learn you hadn't been fired.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Jubeh is bestbuy god.

I hate that to *me on register* "hi how are you today?" customer says "No!". So I start switching my first response to customers randomly so the they and the guy that's next don't know what the fuck is coming out my mouth next and I get to look at them like they are retarded if they answer with something that isint even appropriate to my comment or question.
    Questions and comments include:
    What's your dogs favorite color (if you get this feel smart for a bit)
    Nice weather
    Hi how are you
    Wow that was fast
    $6.34
    Would you like to donate to blah blah blah
    Would you like some -insert item of the week-
    On the back of your receipt there is a number to call or website go to to take a survey. Take the survey for a chance to win $1000 or an iPod.

Majority of the time they dont respond with an appropriate answer so it's more often then not a "hi" or a "No". Like socially inept is ok but seriously listen when I'm talking to you dumbass.

I spent over 5 mins one day telling a customer that the restroom in our store is unisex and then telling her that it means men and women can use the bathroom and we don't have separate restrooms for men and women. She still insisted on knowing where the women's restroom was. Then I said it was out of order and she walked out satisfied.

Other associates are morons. I called another store for one of my regular customers I allways take care of and asked for Peanuts in the shell. The associate at the store said they didn't have any and my customer left upset because none of our stores had them and she needed a lot of them. I get a call on my cell 30mins later from my friend the ASM at the other store saying "Yo just wanted to let you know we do have those peanuts. The associate you talked to didn't know what a peanut was and when she doesn't know the answer to something she says no right away." I'm like really? Really?

I'm so tired of explaining "NO I DON'T GET A DISCOUNT HERE" "No it's $1. Even tho it says $2.75 on those chips they are $1 here" "We are not the same as the .99 store so that gift card will not work here" "No the greeting cards are different prices. Some are 2 for $1 and some are $1. The tender thought ones are 2 for $1 and the forget me nots are $1ea. There is a sign saying that above the cards. Yes I know you found it in the wrong section but we didn't put it there and I can't discount it just because of that." "No we only do exchanges not cash returns"

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Majority of the time they dont respond with an appropriate answer so it's more often then not a "hi" or a "No". Like socially inept is ok but seriously listen when I'm talking to you dumbass.
    I do this more often now too. Especially when managers are around and they are asking me why my "engagements" aren't good. If I take away one thing from my life of retail it will be my ability to make people say shit that makes no sense.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.

Overselling is selling the customer stuff that is more expensive than what they actually need.
    I had this dude try to do this to me the last time I went to Best Buy. I asked him if there was anything I could use with my new 360 so that I could get sound, cause I've got it plugged up to a monitor. He goes on about a pair of Turtle Beach headphones for like 70 bucks or so. And I'm like... yea, no. Thanks though, cause I know my shite. He kept insisting I get them, like over and over and over, and I knew there were alternatives, I even asked if they had the adapters in store.

Ordered two small adapters off Amazon for about two bucks, cracked open the 360 VGA cord, hooked em up to the adapters, plugged that into this small stereo set I've got. Bam. Saved about $68 right there.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    So you like to go to stores to make fun of the employees on purpose? Why would you do that? Huh? Well?

Edit: I also don't get how people (customers and employees alike) don't get that the number of hours a store has (meaning how many people are working at any given time in the store) is based in the amount of sales that store does that day week or previous day or week. Hours for shifts do not appear magically! So the more an employee sells and the more a customer buys means more man power in a store. Just because the line is long does not mean that store is rolling in the bucks and can get more guys to work in the store at that time. Also just because the line is long and you feel important or are too stupid to do shit early does not mean that you need to be an ass hat and yell "YOU NEED ANOTHER CHECKER! SERIOUSLY THERE'S THREE OF YOU FUCKERS IN HERE AND ONLY ONE REGISTER OPEN? HOW RETARDED ARE YOU YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!" because the fact o the matter is that not everyone in a store is register trained and depending on the store not everyone can run ANY register because most places assign tills (set amounts of cash used to make change at a register) to one person at a time and only a couple people need a till out on a register floor or it becomes an easy target to get robbed or just a waste of time because one of those dudes will likely never use the damn thing.
    Last edited by Psy; 04-25-2012 at 01:17 AM.

That salesperson was probably trying to push up his accessories number. Accessories are meant to be 30% of your total sales. The problem is most gaming accessories are obscenely expensive and hard to sell outside of console sales.