Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The work sucks soul thread.

yeah once you get old you can make someoone else do it

'Dabnabit, I didn't fight in world war 3 just so that when I was old and shat myself my grandchild would refuse to clean up my shart' lol.

i don't know if i want to get old and die.... id rather just go out in a blaze of glory when i can't highkick random dicks in the head. which will probs be in my late thirties

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Finally got to talk to my Dm. Said she wants me to get my license and a car because I can't be promoted in the same store because it's to hard to be a boss when you've been these peoples friend.
    Then she said allso she wouldn't promote anyone from a store this messy and trashed.
    Now the optimistic. She has heard good things about me and my boss himself has mentioned me to her and I told her when she asked what needs improvement and told her the training all around.
    I told her what I see that's not being done right and where things are going wrong so she said she wants to hear from my boss that I am stepping up and taking charge when I see managers are not and that I am out preforming them.
    When I left I said goodbye to her and she said that my boss would be giving me some extra things to do to get me up to par with where they need me to be for a promotion. So I have to be a back seat manager AGAIN and go even further beyond the above and beyond I've been doing.

Retail is cruel. It's true what they say "in retail they expect you to do more for and with less".

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Jeezus, man. You're being pulled all over the place, how do you even put up with it all.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I'm an idiot with pride?
    I don't like being told I'm not good enough and if I can't make it to management in this shitty ass company its going to bug me forever like "wtf is wrong with me? Am I one of the lazy worthless pos's that I despise working with? Am I ever going to amount to anything semi respectable?"
    It's like being rejected by the biggest loser in school or something.
    I have a high tolerance for bull shit. I know I can do this and I can do it well so my pride dictates that I will do everything and anything they tell and expect of me plus more.

I learned a long time ago that mediocrity is perfection. If you try to be good at your work, you are not going to win more and you are just going to get exploited, if you are too bad you are MIGHT get kicked (which is pretty weird to happen), so the best option is be mediocre.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    That's assuming you want to fit in with something, and you know how it works. Which is bs, but true in some/most cases. Seems like there's no more room in the real world for people who know what they're doing.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

in some ways i agree with clock. the better you are at whatever ur doing, the higher the standard is raised. its a helluva lot to live up to.

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    If you're able to barely finish an insane amount of stuff before you have to go home, they pile more and more shit on until you can't possibly finish it all, and then you get a write-up for not doing your job. That or you're expected to pick up others' slack and do all of your own shit as well.