Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The work sucks soul thread.

I was perhaps 17, when I was working at Smith's, and damn, were the customers just so.... irritating. You know, I was already slightly misanthropic before, but working at that place, well, it made that worse. I remember one time, when I was bringing in carts, I must've had 10, and we didn't have those electric machines some stores have that make it easier to bring carts in we just had this strap with a hook, you know? Well, I was bringing in the carts, and about to put them in the corral, when I see this little girl walk out from behind a display, luckily I was able to stop and keep the carts from knocking the kid down. Thing is, her irrisponsible mother who should've been keeping an eye on her kid, in fact was like 10 feet away from her, got on my case about it. Seriously, and no I didn't see the little girl when I was walking in with the carts, fuck, man. There were a lot of other shitty people who came in to the store, but that mother was one of the very worst. If that wasn't bad enough, most of the cashiers and other baggers were quite unpleasant to work with, it was a very hostile work enviroment, I'm surprised I was there for as long as I was.

Parents these days don't seem to be able to control their kids, and if the kids aren't misbehaving, the parents certainly are.

Ah, if you guys haven't seen Adventures in Retail on Youtube yet, you should see it. It's a series of Flash animations about the horrors of working in retail. And it's very relevant to this thread.

At a store my dad owned, we had a credit card system where it cost us money for every charge,, and alot of times people would want to buy like a pack of gum, and it would cost as much to use the system as the package of gum, and I remember trying to explain this to the customers, tell them that, but they were all 'so?', ugh, they'd also whine about cashback all 'But I want 300 bucks cashback' or whatever, 'I can get that at smith's, WAAAAAAAH' and I'd have to keep reminding them that this was a small store, and it would be unreasonable for the store to do that... fuck man... all this customers is always right bullshit has made customers.... complacent? well certainly spoiled....

Unfortunately.... there aren't many jobs where there are nice people that are great to work with, where the customers or whatever, are decent people, so I guess I'll always be dealing with assholes.

I live in the country of "the customer is always wrong", its awesome when you work, but it sucks when you are the customer.

Yeah well fuck customers

You are a customer to.

No I have ascended

I make a mental note to be as nice as possible to any cashier or bagger in any store I go to, cause I know how it feels to be talked down to by an asshole customer, and I'd rather not be that asshole customer.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    No I have ascended
    to what? letting others buy the stuffs you want?

i hate it when i go somewhere and ask a question and the employee tells some lame joke. I just want ricotta cheese