Thread: Where to find a team mate for creating my comic/manga

Where to find a team mate for creating my comic/manga

I've been writing out the story for a comic/manga for over a year now. (I'm hesitant to call it a manga for a handful of reasons.) It's far from my first idea, and I've invested so much time into this, to the point where I've made my mind.
    I will publish this. I don't care about the money, I don't care how long it takes. I'm going to do this for myself, and I'm going to get this done how I like it.

I've defined a story that spans over 40-50 chapters, and that number is growing slowly as I add/remove little things to aid in character development and to add some humour.

I need somebody to help me do this so it never falls off of my priorities. I want someone to help me design the visual aspects of characters, review certain story aspects, help me with dialogue, tell me when something is unnecessary, point out plot holes for things that I know but the reader may not, all that good stuff. I can do visual art, as a matter of fact once I get out of highschool I'm going into an illustration program.

I was going to show my English teacher the story, but it's very dark and violent, along with some fun humour, and some actually sickening humour. It's not something I'd think she'd be interested in, and I don't want another person wasting my time simply tell me that "that idea is so cool".

I really want someone in my area. My friends who are interested in comics and the likes are either too busy working on their own projects, or very very unreliable as a team mate.

By the way, I'm very hesitant to have a team-mate that I cannot physically meet up with. If you offer to help, either be Canadian and in my area, or expect a high chance of a no... No offence intended to anyone at all.

Help please?
    Thanks in advance guys!

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Moving this.
    Thread has been moved to Reqruitment and requests section. You will have much more luck finding a partner here. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Last edited by Psy; 04-24-2012 at 02:44 AM.

hi
    im hesitant abot answering this due to your last comment, but if this any way that i can help, i'm all for it. i don't live in canada so a phisical meeting is not possible. but i think it would be interesting to help you with your story and it might help me gain some ideas for my own.
    i like your determination to get it published, and hard work always wins.
    if you psted a teaser of your story in this thread, we could comment on it and try to help you make your story even better than im sure it already is

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Moving this.
    Thread has been moved to Reqruitment and requests section. You will have much more luck finding a partner here. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Sorry about that, I haven't been on MT's forums for a large chunk of time hahahha

Quote Originally Posted by makingmangajust4fun View Post
    hi
    im hesitant abot answering this due to your last comment, but if this any way that i can help, i'm all for it. i don't live in canada so a phisical meeting is not possible. but i think it would be interesting to help you with your story and it might help me gain some ideas for my own.
    i like your determination to get it published, and hard work always wins.
    if you psted a teaser of your story in this thread, we could comment on it and try to help you make your story even better than im sure it already is
    Well I guess it can't hurt to show somebody else hahaha
    Do you have deviantart? If so, note me over there. I check that several times a day. citrustrance.deviantart.com/
    If you don't send me a PM over here and I'll start out.

Well, it seems you've disabled your option to receive PM's
    I typed a load of things to find out I cannot even send them. Nice.

101 Dalmations Member Rainbow_Dash's Avatar
    I would love to help with this because it would help me just as much as it would you, but I lack being close to you. Although I do love Canada very much, Jasper Park~ <3 ... But anyways, I will be expected a no but hoping for a maybe~. Can work as much time as it takes to get your characters right~!

Quote Originally Posted by CitrusTrance View Post
    Well, it seems you've disabled your option to receive PM's
    I typed a load of things to find out I cannot even send them. Nice.
    huh? i haven't touched my pm settings. don't know how to anyways

Sorry for the late reply RinTezuka. I'd be willing to explain the basics of the story, and ask you to aid me in character design if that's fine with you. I have so much written down in point form that I would spend a week typing it up, or if I sent it to you in that form you'd probably be lost :/.

I'd be glad to take your character input!
    Send me notes on deviantart to contact me most frequently. citrustrance.deviantart.com/
    If not then we'll work something out, either facebook or an IM program.
    Hopefully you see this :P