Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Character Design Feedback

Oh, wow, I haven't posted in here in a while.

Here's a lineart:

I didn't use a reference for the angle of the face, so some things may be off. I just now realized her "tail" is incomplete. Any critiques would be great!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Overall it's quite pleasing; unless the tail was going to be a main focal point, I wouldn't worry about it being incomplete.

Her face seems fine too, it looks like a good estimate if you weren't using a reference. Away from the face though, I feel her ear is on the small side and her neck looks overly long. Tracing a centre-line down from her collarbone, I'd also say her breasts are at the wrong angle for the rest of her torso.

Thanks for the critique, Gaff!! You're very right. The neck IS pretty long. I'll try to fix it, the ear, and the breast as best I can.

The connection between the right side of her neck and the shoulder seems a bit sharp to me. Considering the angle, you would likely have the trapezius making it a smoother angle that leads into the shoulder. However since the face is pointing up there would be a pinch of the muscles as well, so you may want to add skin folds at that area as well (Assuming the head is really pushing back). But nonetheless, I think the right angle is unlikely. I also think her neck may be a bit long. As mentioned in the AA thread, I like the tail c: I also think the face is looking good c:

I agree with demon def, and also with what gaff said about the breasts. Since her head is pointing upwards, her neck is outstretched and that would stretch her torso as well, making it so her breasts are pointed a bit more upward and maybe even flattened a little. Her belly button would be raised a bit as well. Think of each movement of the body as a chain reaction, that effects every part connected to that one movement.

The lines on the stomach seem kind of random as well. Also make the line on the chin a bit less harsh, like just add a really thin line that is kiind of tapered right at the chin area. Also I would straighten "freedom" out so it goes more straight horizontally, but thats just nitpicking. Cool though, looking forward to seeing this colored!

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    Pretty! The only thing I'd say is perhaps the lips are a little thick.

-Scarlet
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

I never thanked y'all for the critiques :O But I DID use them and they all greatly improved the finished piece, thanks so much!

Here's my first 15 torsos of the week! I'm not good with males torsos at all and there's a bit of assymetricality (is that a word?) to them I think:
    [Warning: Nipples]
    SPOILER! :

The breasts on the bottom right are a little misshapen because the model had a bra on and I don't have experience with fuller figures
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 08-06-2013 at 01:12 AM.

These are pretty good..especially the female figures.
    Try Michael Hampton figure drawing..his illustrations are really simplistic and super easy to understand..knowing the anatomy will help you understand where those pinches and lines are created instead of randomly placing them.
    I constantly refer it lol..otherwise my drawings come out really crappy @_@
    btw really liked your freedom sketch

Thank you!! :3 I'll definitely check him out!

Yeah, Michael Hampton is an incredible artist when it comes to anatomy, I was lucky enough to get some lectures from him so I can definitely suggest that book for studying and simplistic ways to break it all down. As for those drawings, I like the diversity of figures you have chosen, but they are a bit flat. I think if you can use some lines running over the surface contours to convey the forms then that will help with your understanding of the anatomy AND will help you when it comes to shading/colouring. Also to keep the perspectives try to simplify the torso into boxes and the limbs into cylinders first, onto which you will "attach" muscles and then lay the skin over.