Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Character Design Feedback

I think its a good idea to draw bigger when you want to learn to proportion things but it can be difficult inking larger pictures. Also do you have a thinner pen, I think that would be better to use on the hair and facial features. Also you could try inking using gimp, it's something I started doing recently, it's more forgiving when it comes to mistakes unlike inking by hand. But it takes some time getting used to, a laptop pad is like using your finger as a pen so it's easier than with a mouse but I don't know what kind of computer you have. Other than that I think you're doing fine. Keep putting stuff out ^_^

101 Dalmations Member Rainbow_Dash's Avatar
    She inks in paint tool sai like me I think.

Haha, nope, Rin. I ink by hand.

@ spidergoth: I'm using an extra small Faber Castell pen. i don't know how much smaller I can go with it still being cheap. I'll try inking in Gimp, but, like you said, it's gonna take some getting used to. Thanks for the advice and support!

I did this last night before I read all the new comments and suggestions, so it's not that great, plus it was pretty rushed.
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 04-27-2012 at 07:55 PM.

101 Dalmations Member Rainbow_Dash's Avatar
    I love it c: But I think the top right of her head, her right I mean, is a little skewed so it puts a bit of the image off. Cute though. ^3^ Reminds me of Kyou Fujibayashi mixed with Nagisa Furukawa. Kind of. :3

Haha, yeah. i mean her that line on the right of her head to be her hair's part when I colored it, but I kind of just screwed it up.

Super long neck @_@ otherwise cool

Thanks, Sylux. I didn't notice that before.

It's what I'm here for bruv

Gosh, I just really don't know how to color online. Any tips, suggestions, help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I still really suck at colouring digitally so i cant really offer you much advice o.o what programme do you use? My suggestions are a. watch lots of youtube videos about colouring for the programme you're using, you can learn a lot, and b. just do lots of practice, experiment with different tools and see what effects you can do. Maybe stop by the lineart bank on the forums here, and practice colouring other peoples' lineart too, as then you dont have to spend all the time drawing a picture to actually colour.

I really like this picture, and can't really see much to critique maybe try adding a few more folds / shading to the dress/nighty and the sheets?