Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Color Pencil Work on Page 34

101 Dalmations Member Tetsuphil's Avatar
    My brain kittens are shining with love! Yawl!
    Naah, I was sorta talking to the two of you at the same time..Sorta xD

Well, I'm gonna stop being off-topic now. -flies off thread-

Well, here's some male body practice. It's not too good.

The overall figure is there, just the proportion needs some work. Head to chest is ok, but the lower torso is way too short. Trying googling anatomy measurements or something like that.

Thanks! I will

Liking the pencil sketches and stuff I agree that the upper torso is too small, and feel that maybe the neck is a little thin?

Okay! I'll try thickening that up a little next time!

If you widen the hips to line up with the inside of the arms (Under arms).. then the legs will want to be longer and it will look more balanced... plus It looks like his pecks go all the way down to the bottom of his ribs.. be careful with this.. the muscle for the chest is a little smaller then half the length of the rib cage... Also, you're stomach is way too low because of how large the chest muscles are.. the stomach should sit right on top of the hips, think of a pregnant woman and how her hips cradle the unborn child! I suggest studying how the rib cage and pelvic bones.. interact with one another.. you'll learn tons considering the hips and ribs are the main building blocks of the human body Looks good though, it's a solid start! Keep it up man!

Wow, a lot of things to work on! Thanks for all the help, Ego!

I was trying out a new view. I'm not that good at drawing from above or below, so any advice would be awesome! thanks!
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 05-10-2012 at 12:04 AM.

hi jorgie! this perspective looks quite cool! his head seems slightly off centre with his body,though. also the clavicles should be represented underneath the shirt as the are actually quite obvious from the top.

on your male body practice, i also think the proportions are a bit skewed. it you want to learn how to portray muscles and stuff properly, there are some good anatomy tutorials, and i have one pending specifically for how to draw muscles and the male body ;D keep a look out and nice work!

Yeah the male body practice was pretty terrible, but I've been doing a lot since then and I think I've kind of figured all the muscles out! I'll try to get around to scanning them soon.