Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Character Design Feedback

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    For the tree, they don't tend to have such smooth texture. So vary the tone here and there as randomly as you can. And increase the contrasts so it comes out as 3D.

As for the girl, you've done a great job generally. But I don't think you would see so much of the outer most finger, because she would need to grip the card more tightly for it to stay there.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

Thanks, Scarlet. I'll work on all that.

Here on two new sketches:

Her fingers look wierd and her breasts are odd, I think. Any suggestion for the breasts would be great. By the way, she's wearing a long shirt and tights. Her arms may be wrongly placed, but I don't know.

I really should do a hand study... Also, her breasts need to be a little rounder toward the top and her mouth a little higher, I think.
    The lines beteen the long strand of hair and her face aren't her ears, they're also hair; the ears are farther up and hidden by the long strands.
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 07-11-2012 at 05:10 AM.

She looks good you've pointed out pretty much everything, also you could move the clothing folds on the breast down a bit and erase the edges of the base of the breasts a little bit so they don't meet in the middle so close together also on picture one the right breast shouldn't be hanging over the arm so much, try to move it a bit more to the left

Haha, your right! I totally forgot about that! Thanks!!!

Your welcome I started working on the pimp and I'll hopefully post that up later tonight for you any preferences where you want me to post it?

It doesn't matter to me. You can post it anywhere. Oooo, I can't wait!

Here's a picture I did on the Oekaki doodle room:

The shading on the dress is kind of funky and her hair is a little fuzzy. The far sleeve looks kind of strange. I think the ocean turn out good, considering I've never done anything like it before. Her mouth looks a little weird, too. Any other critiques would be great!

Here's a lineart:
    SPOILER! :

I'm going to fix that hand at some point.
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 07-11-2012 at 10:00 PM.

For the bottom one of the two sketches above I agree with Demon - with most tops, unless they're super tight, you see the outline of the breast at the side, but you don't tend to see the lines underneath, as the top just spreads across them, so you don't need as much detail underneath to show the full circular shape - just a little line to indicate it is often enough.

I really like the oekaki pic, and the effect of the lighting and the stormy sky is great. The whole background adds nice atmosphere to the picture. and nice red hair! For the shading on the dress, I think you should have used less greys / black for shading, as it makes it look a bit 2D. Normally with white, a little bit of blue is used to shade to stop this from happening, so that may help. I haven't done much coloured shading of white things, so someone more experienced may be able to suggest other colours to shade it with too!

Yes, thanks, Shadowsfade!!! I don't have a lot of experience shading white, so thanks for the tips!

Here's a GB picture I did for the 100 MTC:

I forgot to color spikes on the dragon's claws. The coloring isn't the best on the shirt. I know I should've added more folds to the sleeve being gripped.

That's amazing! Awesome dragon, and I love the colouring on both of them. The anatomy is really spot on too. The breasts also look much better, see how more natural it looks not outlining the whole shape? Great job, nothing for me to critique on (: