Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Character Design Feedback

Thanks. I'll try broadening the shoulders next time. I used my smallest pen for the collarbone, so I don't know what I'll do with it next time. And, what do you mean by the chest shouldn't pop out?

I think Raikov means is you have the chest extended out the way like you would do with the breasts on a female when they should lie flat. Nice looking character an improvement from the previous one and the thing I noticed on this but it may be down to personal taste but I think the neck is slightly too long, other than that and the chest, brilliant job

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    His neck looks pretty thick for the style your going for in my opinion. The major thing for me though is how square the chest muscles are. I'd suggest some life drawing or pose drawing at least to get a feel for real human anatomy and clothing.

Thanks both of you.

@Demonfyre: Okay, flat chest. Yeah, I already noticed the length of the neck.

@Scarlet: Yeah, I thought may be the neck was too thick, so thanks for the confirmation. And, I looked at some references after I finished the picture and posted it, and i saw how the chest muscle should look. I hope to draw them better next time.

Have you tried "pen cutting"? this might seem like a stupid thing to do, but. Cut the tip of your pen in a slanted position, it'll make different strokes depending on how to put down the pen Also use quick and lifting strokes.

I don't think I have the pens you're thinking of.

What kind of pens do you use? fountain pens? ball point? Or the artline pens?

Faber Catell PITT artist pens

Here's another one. I'm really proud of the coloring I've been doing lately. It's not the best, but it's definitely improving!

And so you should be, you have improved a lot The stone is especially good, you have identified it as a cube-ish shape and painted it correctly with a clear definition of the edges. What's left is for you to learn how to paint the form of a cylinder and apply it to the cylindrical shapes.

Also, make a habit of drawing the cast shadow on the ground, even if you don't draw a background