Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Character Design Feedback

You have to keep in mind that when drawing cloth, it hangs from the body (ex. Shoulders). In this drawing, what is the sweater hanging on? Why isn't it just falling off?

Oh gosh, you're totally right!! I just went for cute and completely forgot about gravity! OTL I'll redesign it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Add some straps :3
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 12-27-2012 at 08:50 AM.

That's what I was thinkin, but I'm gonna play around with the sweater's opening's width too

Some quick negative space drawings:

Done traditionally, then fixed up in SAI. I can't show the references because the posemaniacs program doesn't have a "previous" button OTL

The left's thigh's too long I believe.
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 12-31-2012 at 11:03 PM.

A quick tip for drawing clothes that I weird everyone out with, in regards to your cute drawing of the girl in a huge sweater:

I find that the best practice to follow is actually to draw every single character naked first, before adding clothes on. So this way, you can practice your anatomy AND make sure your clothes follow the laws of the universe (although to be honest, they don't really have to )

If you take a look at your drawing, you can notice that her shoulders slant downwards before the actual creases for the arms of the sweater. This gives the impression that her arms are actually within the body of the sweater rather than in their intended space. If you were to draw the naked body first, you'd be able to use it as a guide for folds as well.

Only downside is that it makes drawing in public very awkward. >_>;

Anyway, here's what I mean:

Hope my explanations make sense!

Well, I do actually draw the naked body first. That picture was a quick free hand doodle to practice using new coloring tool

Also, her arms ARE in her sweater.... not the sleeves.... though I guess they should be flatter and more deflated OTL That's what I get for attempting cute
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 12-31-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Hahaha, no no! It's the end, it's your art so you get to draw whatever the heck you want (My costume designs never make any sense, intentionally... I think?) If that's exactly what you were going for, then by all means, go for it!

Well, this is the first time I've drawn a figure 8 heads high. It felt a little weird, but I think it came out pretty decent (?) Though, one foot is a little bigger than the other I think.

Also, I quick sketch I just did. Warning: Nudity
    SPOILER! :
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 01-05-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Woah.....nice goin J Jonna Jameson. THe first one looks great. One gripe that i have is the right ankle (her left) it seems to be thinner then i think it should be. But aside from that the anatomy is FRUCIN great! One thing i think you should start working on is the cloths folds. Some folds on her Skirt-thingie ( not sure whats it called) make no sense, and i think you should ad more on the parts were the shoulder straps connect to the rest of the......skirt? The second one isn't as good as the first one IM not sure tat such small boobs would sag so much ( they'd probably be more perky) and her the part around the crotch. The line going from it upwards is to high i think.

Still MASSIVE improvement since the last time i visited your thread. GOOD WORK!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.