Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Character Design Feedback

101 Dalmations Member Midori-Midori's Avatar
    Nice scythe!

The first picture is very cute, however, I agree the proportion is off. The hand that holds the scythe should be a bit bigger. And sorry, but I can't really make out what is below her skirt.

And for the second picture, I think that pose is lovely. I absolutely love her feet and hands. I think the breasts would either be pulled down a little by gravity, or be squished a little by the arms.

Overall I think you did a good job!

Oh goodness, Midori, I never replied to your post! I did use it though, and thanks so much for your cnc. You're totally right!

Here are two doodles I did in French today:
    SPOILER! :

The shirt's folds, her breasts, her hands, and her far eye are all a bit wonky. I would've fixed them, but my eraser just smudged it up really bad

SPOILER! :

His hand's not finished. The cane's arch is too wide. His hat sits awkwardly on his head. the back of the jacket's a bit wonky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

I love them both ;____; the first one is nice and cute, and the second one... where can I get a top hat like that??

With the first I think the neck is a little to thin and it curves in quite a bit in my opinion, probably stylistic though. The other thing I think that needs some work is the clothing folds on that tank top, in particular where the strap has fallen down the arm, I would expect probably some more folds around the base of the strap where it is overlaying etc (sorry couldn't find any refs on google ) and also that kind of V fold suggests bagginess but it holds tight to her body. Also you could have possibly added some folds on her trousers where that belt is pressing into them to hold them up.

The guy looks fine to me the only thing I think is that the folds on his arm are a bit weird, not really sure what to suggest unfortunately :/ but I think he looks great
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 12-04-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks so much for your cnc!

Yeah, the tank tops folds are all awful :/ I totally forgot creases by the belt OTL Now that you mention it, the neck is weird. I think it's too thin and a bit too long. Darn...

I'll mess around with those arm folds some.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Very quaint. You have an eye for putting together outfits and such. *sucks at costuming*

The only complaint I have are the heads--- they seem a bit out of whack. (too big maybe?) It might be the shape. Now, it could be your style, which is cool too, but I still think you should check that. Seemed off to me.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Thanks

Considering that style I just used is six (almost 7) heads high, the heads are proportional.

Well, then you have to consider that the torsos and necks probably aren't as broad as realistic proportions would suggest under typical circumstances. You can end up with rather large looking head that way.

I dig the shark guy and how you went ahead and stuck a fin on him. Pretty rad.

nice stuff you got here jj :3
    its been a while since i last commented on you thread sorry...

So far i think your style becoming more standard. It looks lovely. just keep on developing it... its working for me.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GaBo View Post
    Well, then you have to consider that the torsos and necks probably aren't as broad as realistic proportions would suggest under typical circumstances. You can end up with rather large looking head that way.

I dig the shark guy and how you went ahead and stuck a fin on him. Pretty rad.
    Thanks As far as the head goes, it's more of a stylistic choice and I'm not trying to make it realistic, but I'll watch for it in the future.

And, thanks very much BV!

Just a quick sketch from the GB. The hands are too small :/

Sorry for the sketchy lines, my tablet kept shaking