Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Character Design Feedback

I think something's off with the head and neck, but I'm not for sure. The thighs might be a little long for this perspective (?)

Body outline:
    SPOILER! :

Clothed:
    SPOILER! :

I think the shirt's wrinkles are off. Any suggestions on how to do those?
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 08-29-2012 at 10:00 PM.

You drew those clothes really well for that angle! I can't see any flaws with the clothing but I'm not really experienced with other angles so there may be something I've overlooked. All I can really see is the zipper area of the short jeans not being lined up with the middle, instead it is slopping quite far to the left despite being a straight on pose. Lastly the upper arms seem a bit too boxlike even though foreshortening is involved. Hope this helped somewhat it's looking great

This was a commission from Ratchet-halo of DeviantArt of his OC:

I don't really like the shading of the hair :/ And, those "X"s in the hair are part of the character's design, supposed to be flatter. One hand's smaller than the other, too.

Thats really cool i love your style (i know its not your char design, but your style still does it justice!). i like how you coloured the hair and stuff, and those hands are great! my only critique would be you dont seem to have given much room for the crotch! where the top of the leg ends, there's barely any material left till the tummy.

Thank you so much! Yeah, I saw that about the pants when I waa coloring it. I'll look for that in the future, definitely!

The only thing I can suggest is to not smooth the shading in the hair as much, not all shading has to blur into each other, experiment around to see what you like but I think it will help

I really like the feel with the colors. My two suggestions would be to work on your hair and your folds. I know most anime artists don't exactly always do the most flowing hair, but hair can be like a waterfall, depending on how clean it is, that flows and bounces every which way. Take some time to consider the curves of hair, and how loose it is. Apply this concept to folds as well. Stand in front of a mirror and look at your own clothes and how the folds turn and try to draw them.

The hands are nicely done and so are the arms. Keep drawing!

Thanks both of you! I didn't really want to draw this request, so I don't think I did as good as I could've with it.

I actually tried a new coloring technique that I've never done before and aren't very comfortable with, so the coloring isn't too great. I do need to do some clothing studies at some point; I've been doing a sloppy job with clothing lately.

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    I drew a request for rachet halo some time ago..

Anyway when you draw folds for your clothing, try to loosen up. They shouldn't be so stiff. They need to flow through the clothing and around the form. Especially with clothing that isn't skin tight.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

Yes, thanks Scarlet!!! I just realized how straight the folds of the pants were. Darn, I'll work of that!

Here's a sketch of Demon's character, Libra, I did for a sketch trade:
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 09-13-2012 at 08:09 AM.