Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Character Design Feedback

Awesome! Thanks! I think the last sketch was the first time I've ever outlined the whole breast; I don't even know why I did.

Here's another picture:
    SPOILER! :

The legs are too short and the legs perspective on the legs and feet is off. Also, the hand's not the best.

Quite a few people have been saying that my art's stiff, but none of them have giving any advice for loosening it up. If you have any suggestions please let me know how I can fix this.
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 07-13-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Wow that looks great I love the hair and the pose I think that the hair would be affected by the left hand/arm being held up and also the elbow on the right arm looks a little to pointy. As for stiffness, I'm not sure as ive had that pointed out to me before as well :/
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 07-13-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks! For the hair, there are pieces in front of the hand and pieces behind. They're not really touching the hand much, so I don't know how much they'd be affected.

me likes alot

Thanks!

She's cute For the foot up in the air, the line seperating the edge of the foot from the bottom is too box-y, it makes the foot look like square. I like the pose though, and the eyes are really nice. Maybe you could add a bit more contrast in your shading? Making the shadows darker and stuff - eg the arm furthest away is shaded by both the hair and the body, and though you can see a shadow it's not that noticeable, same on the shirt, you can see slight lighter and darker bits, but not very clearly (however, I know from my experience sometimes turning the image into a jpeg or whatever to post here does make the colour changes less noticeable)

As for the stiffness thing, I think your last few poses haven't really been that stiff, so can't really help maybe try drawing poses that look less.. posed? like they're doing something, rather than as if they're having their picture taken and putting a pose on. I like what you've been posting though!

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    Woah, a cool pose for sure. The legs are too short indeed, but only slightly for someone of her age. I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out.
    The leg in the air does connect a little awkwardly to her pelvis though I think.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

Thanks both of you for the cnc!

Shadow: I don't think I've ever drawn the bottm of a foot before, so I guess I'll have to work on that! I'll try contrasting my shading more. I'm going to try drawn more natural poses (I believe I did so in the picture below)
    Scarlet: Yeah, that leg does connect awkwardly :/ I'll watch for that in future pictures.

Here's a new picture done in the MOB Doodle Room:

I just realize that I should've drawn shadows indicating that there are people behind her and that she's actually pointing for a reason :| I probably go add some later on. Also, there's that strange light part in the bottom left that I forgot to shade.
    This is the first time I've ever foreshortened anything, but I think it turned out good.

It's a bit too dark to see her far arm, but luckily I saw it a few days ago in the oekaki when it was just lineart, and I thought the perspective on it was great! and yeah, this pose does seem much more natural the way she's posing / her clothes connect with the expression in her eyes, so it feels like there's a story behind it

Thanks! I'm glad it's more natural. Yeah, I can't really see the arm that well unless I tilt my computer screen forward.