Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Character Design Feedback

Apart from what Ged said about the ankle, I think you pretty much have the lower half of that drawing perfect. Something's bugging me about the top half though. I don't think the shoulders are wide enough, especially where her right arm connects there's barely any width at all. I also think the neck may be slightly long, but if the shoulders were wider it might balance out. The sketch is good too, I really like how you drew her hair

Double Digits Member
    i think for the first one, her right hip seems a bit out of place, it seems somewhat more angular and her left foot can use some more work. and if she's tip toeing on both legs, i guess it should be okay. but it looks like she's standing on one leg and tip toeing on the other, if that were the case, it looks kinda awkward...
    also, the folds on her dress can use some more works especially near her hips/groin part. the way you put it makes the dress's material seems inconsistent.
    btw, i think your top part of the girl is really nice, jus the bottom part seems like where you have trouble with

Hey guys, thanks SO much for all the cnc, it's really helpful.

I've been really lazy with my clothing lately, so I decided to do a quick little study to get back on track. I'll upload the others later, but for now, here's a couple men:

The clothed one's body is like a head too long, even with his pants sagging, whoops...
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Double Post, sorry.

I've been working on male anatomy, but I'm still not great with it. The forearm doesn't connect too greatly with the upper arm at the top of the elbow bend and the hand is kinda angular and chunky.

A quick, very rough sketch I did at 1 this morning:

I didn't have a reference for the legs, but I believe they and the body are too short for the arms. The hand may be a bit too long.
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 03-01-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Looking good! But, I think the character on the first picture, that his upper part of his body is way too long. And that you need to give him a little for shape around his butt. Right now it looks like his butt is very small and and very flat..
    And the girls left leg in the second picture is turned in an odd ancle.. it looks a little like she broke her leg or something...
    Otherwise, good job, keep it up!

Deviant Art | Art Thread

If you are interesting in commissioning me, please fill in this form: http://goo.gl/yRXZH

Thank you very much! That leg was indeed giving me trouble, but I think I've finally found a position for it.

Hmm... I would be inclined to disagree with Phoenix concerning the length of Othello's upper body, after cross comparisons with male figures however I guess some slight shortening wouldn't hurt. However after replication of the pose, his head was in a rather painful position I think, also his forehead isn't making much sense to me. Lastly for Othello I would suggest looking at a reference for his left arm.

I agree that the head is a little low. I don't know what I'm supposed to do about the forehead "not making sense". Also, I DID look at a reference for the arms.
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 03-02-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks That helps!