Thread: SazzaRobin's drawings up for critique

7 8 9 Member

SazzaRobin's drawings up for critique

Okay, so yeah I am new to this but here goes:

This is my first posted picture, the line art and then the coloured version. I don't have a scanner so these are bad quality photos, that are far to large (I'll take them smaller next time). It was all done in pen, so the original pencil marks have been rubbed off. What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good so far. It's good that you are posting for some criticism on your work, I think it you would benefit from checking out our tutorials http://www.mangatutorials.com/all-tutorials/ for some helpful articles.

Becoming better at drawing always takes practice. The advice that I offer you, is to keep studying real human faces, bodies and poses. It is all well and good to want to draw manga and Japanese influenced art, however every great artist learns from life and it's the fasted way to improve your skills. Good luck!

7 8 9 Member
    thanks for the advice : )
    I'll check out those tutorials and of course keep practicing

Just keep posting art. Art is much more fun to look at if it tells a story. don't be afraid to try full body shots, different poses and angles. even if you think it is wrong post it and someone will be able to help you.

7 8 9 Member
    Here's another drawing, I did it for a friend who was leaving her work. I based the pose off of another drawing but the face is from imagination. There are problems with the anatomy, but this is on of the first full upper body drawings I've done, so I'm still practicing : )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi there! I made a couple redlines to help with this critique. WARNING! These were 10-minute-at-most, slightly stylized sketches, so don't think they're anatomically perfect.
    MT1.jpg
    Okay, first off. Do NOT use drawing as anatomical references!!! Use them only for inspiration!!! If you copy drawings, you copy the artists mistakes as well and either don't learn or learn incorrectly!! A pose like this can easily be searched for and found. Or, if not, pose in front of a mirror (I had my sister pose for these so I could make a correct gesture)

A lot of this drawing would not be too bad at all if your lines and connections were smoother. always be comparing your drawing with your own body. Her neck is just two straight lines. Is your neck perfect straight? No, it curves into your shoulders. Also, her shoulder looks dislocated with that large dent at the top. The arms don't have that bad of placement, but, unfortunately, their lumps are lumpy in the wrong places.

I guess the biggest thing to do is make sure you use real pictures or people to draw by. I hope this helped some!! Keep the art coming!
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 07-15-2014 at 10:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

7 8 9 Member
    thanks for the drawings, I'll work on it : )